UK Safety Tech Providers Directory - Launch Event
The UK is a global leader in the emerging online safety tech sector. Join this event to hear more about the Safety Tech Innovation Network’s Tech Providers Directory, the UK Government’s plan for the safety tech industry nationally and internationally, as well as hearing from investors on why they are choosing to invest in the sector.
On 27th January 2022, a virtual launch event will be held for the second edition of the Directory of UK Safety Tech Providers. The event will be an opportunity to hear about the Directory, the UK Government’s plans for the sector and to hear from investors on why they have chosen to invest in UK Safety Tech.
Webinar recording is now available
This event is for any overseas companies who host online user communities, law enforcement agencies who need to detect and remove illegal content, potential investors into new and innovative technologies and anyone looking to learn more about the Safety Tech sector and what technologies are used to protect users online.
At the end of the session, there will be an opportunity for all participants to network with each other and the event’s speakers.
The Safety Tech Innovation Network has partnered with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport and the Department for International Trade to deliver this event.
Who delivers the network?
The Safety Tech Innovation Network is funded by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and Nominet, and delivered by Innovate UK KTN.
The network is independent and impartial, supported by public and private sector advisors who provide expert feedback from industry, academics and government identifying their priorities and advising on future areas of focus.
- 15:00 – Welcome and housekeeping | Suki Fuller
- 15:02 – A message from the Minister of Exports | Mike Freer MP, Minister of Exports | Department for International Trade
- 15:05 – Panel Discussion 1: The potential of Safety Tech
- Panel includes:
- Professor Mary Aiken, Cyberpyschologist and Strategic Advisor | Paladin Capital Group
- Ciaran Martin, Managing Director | Paladin Capital Group
- Ian Stevenson, Chair of OSTIA and CEO | Cyan
- 15:15 – Panel Discussion 2: Safer online environments – A guide to how Safety Tech helps businesses, governments and citizens
- Panel includes:
- Julie Dawson, Director of Regulatory & Policy | Yoti
- John-Orr Hanna, CIO | Crisp
- Sharon Pursey, Co-Founder of SafeToNet and CEO | the SafeToNet Foundation
- Lyric Jain, CEO | Logically
- 15:35 – Q&A
- 16:00 – Closing Remarks
- 17:00 – Online Networking
Through our Innovation Network programme, we’ve united some of the best minds and greatest thinkers from across the UK in areas of innovation, development and new technologies.