UK-Germany Bilateral: Collaborative R&D
The aim of this competition is to support UK and German business-led collaboration in innovation with grant funding.
Recording now available
Click here to download the slides.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will work with The Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz (BMWK), (The Federal Ministry For Economic Affairs And Climate Action), to invest up to £4 million in innovation projects.
Click here to learn more about the available funding. Registration closes 7th June 2023.
The aim of this competition is to support UK and German business-led collaboration in innovation with grant funding. Innovate UK will support UK businesses to collaborate successfully with German counterparts and build your global growth prospects.
Your proposal must contribute to the development of commercial products, processes or technical services.
Your project must have an obvious advantage and added value as a result of the cooperation between the participants from the two countries. Examples of these could be increased innovation capability, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure or new fields of application.
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. The competitions will be open for applications to be submitted from Tuesday 7 February 2023 until Wednesday 7 June 2023. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.
Your project must:
- be collaborative
- be a collaboration between non-linked UK and German businesses
- last between 12 and 36 months
Your collaborative R&D proposal must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses and documents, market potential and needs
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money, which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- clear potential to significantly benefit the UK economy or national productivity
- the benefit of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value
- a clear definition of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries
- a clear route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion
UK – Germany Bilateral: Collaborative R&D
Opens: 07/02/2023 Closes: 07/06/2023
UK registered organisations, collaborating with at least one German SME applying under the equivalent German ZIM programme, can apply for a share of up to £4 million for collaborative research projects resulting in innovative solutions.