Transforming industrial waste gases (CO/CO2) to chemicals
Watch back our webinar on transforming waste gases into chemicals, run by the Bioeconomy Cluster Builder in collaboration with Innovate UK KTN’s Circular Economy Innovation Network. Recorded 2nd March 2023.
Recording and slides now available
The Bioeconomy Cluster Builder (BCB) is collaborating with Innovate UK KTN’s Circular Economy Innovation Network to bring you this event on transforming waste gases into chemicals.
Carbon dioxide is the major contributor to greenhouse gases responsible for the ongoing climate challenge, with industries producing emissions directly from the manufacturing processes, fuel combustion as well as indirectly from electricity usage. However, there are innovative solutions to reduce the amount of CO2 emitted to the environment and use this feedstock to produce higher value, low carbon footprint chemicals which reduces our reliance on fossil based feedstocks.
About the network
The Circular Economy Innovation Network has brought together a community from across the value chain to create a Circular Innovation Action Plan for the Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU) of industrial waste gases to chemicals. In this webinar we will share the Action Plan that has been created to help accelerate innovation in this important area and showcase some of the latest innovations and projects using industrial waste gases.
About the event
The webinar will run from 10am – 12:15pm with a further online networking opportunity via the Meeting Mojo platform between 1:00pm – 4:30pm.
- 10:00-10:10 Welcome and Intro, Dana Heldt, Michael Burnett, Innovate UK KTN
- 10:10-10:20 Circular Economy Innovation Network Overview, Elle Runton, Innovate UK KTN
- 10:20-10:40 Transforming Industrial Waste Gases to Chemicals Challenge & Action Plan, Michael Burnett, Innovate UK KTN
- 10:40-10:55 Ingenza, Roxann Cortis, Molecular Biology Senior Scientist, Ingenza
- 10:55-11:10 Flue2Chem Project, Croda, Sean Rouse, Technology Specialist (Chemistry), Croda
- 11:10-11:20 Phase Biolabs, David Ortega, Founder, Phase Biolabs
- 11:20-11:35 Funding and collaboration opportunities, Catherine Mort, Innovate UK KTN
- 11:35-12:00 Panel Q&A
- 12:00-12:15 Next steps and Wrap-up, Kim Cameron, Bioeconomy Cluster Business Engagement Manager, Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre & Michael Burnett, Innovate UK KTN
Who is this event for?
- Anyone innovating in waste gases to Chemicals
- SMEs, large industry and businesses, processors and commercial users
- Policy makers
Why should you attend?
- To learn more about using CO2 as feedstock
- To make connections with other stakeholders
- To identify collaboration opportunities
If you’d like more information about this event, or the Bioeconomy Cluster Builder, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. If you’re interested in learning more about the Circular Economy Innovation Network, please get in touch with Michael.Burnett@iuk.ktn-uk.org
About the Bioeconomy Cluster Builder
The Bioeconomy Cluster Builder (BCB) is a three-year collaboration between the Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre (IBioIC), Innovate UK KTN and Scottish Enterprise. The project aims to grow the Scottish bioeconomy by raising awareness of the applications and benefits of biotechnology and by supporting the development of new value chains and markets for bio-based products.
Using the extensive networks and knowledge of the three partner organisations, we connect the right people and resources to deliver innovation support and signposting to funding opportunities. To find out more about the project and our planned activities, or to get involved, please visit our website here.