Transforming Foundation Industries Large Collaborative R&D Competition Briefing
The Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) will shortly be opening a competition to fund large innovative projects to improve productivity and sustainability. The Foundation Industries (FI) span metal, glass, paper, ceramics, cement and bulk chemicals.
Webinar recording is now available
Consortium from across at least two of the foundation industries can apply for between £1-2 million for projects that demonstrate how they address resource/energy efficiency within the foundation industries, and support resilience and sustainability of the sector and its supply chains, aligned to the objectives of the wider ISCF Challenge.
Four themes of projects will be eligible for this competition:
1. Heat recovery and utilisation
2. Sensors, controls and digitalisation
3. Waste utilisation and symbiosis
4. Other energy or resource efficiency improvements (process, product, supply chain or business model)
The competition launches on the Innovation Funding Service on the 11th January.
- 14:00 – Welcome and introductions
- 14:05 – Scope and eligibility criteria
- 14:30 – Q&A
- 14:40 – Application process
- 15:00 – Q&A
- 15:15 – Success stories from previous TFI competitions
- 15:45 – How KTN can support your project
- 15:55 – Wrap up