Transforming Foundation Industries – Project Partner Brokerage Event
The Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) will shortly be opening a competition to fund large innovative projects to improve productivity and sustainability. The Foundation Industries (FI) span metal, glass, paper, ceramics, cement and bulk chemicals.
Webinar recording is now available
Consortium from across at least two of the foundation industries can apply for between £1-2 million for projects that demonstrate how they address resource/energy efficiency within the foundation industries, and support resilience and sustainability of the sector and its supply chains, aligned to the objectives of the wider ISCF Challenge.
Four themes of projects will be eligible for this competition:
- Heat recovery and utilisation
- Sensors, controls and digitalisation
- Waste utilisation and symbiosis
- Other energy or resource efficiency improvements (process, product, supply chain or business model)
The competition launches on the Innovation Funding Service on the 11th January.
The aim of this Project Partner Brokerage Event is to
- aid the development to compelling proposal submissions into the TFI Large CR&D Competition
- to give end users and technology providers from the FIs a platform to express their needs and challenges to potential solution providers and give the solution providers the opportunity to query the FI challenge owners
- those with project ideas to highlight where there are opportunities for collaboration. This could be an opportunity to transfer technology across sector boundaries, develop new processes or technologies
- starting the dialogue towards collaborations.
The event will be followed up by 2 hours of virtual networking through the Meeting Mojo platform. This allows you to ask further questions of the Challenge Owners in a 1:1 setting or network and collaborate with other attendees.
View the challenge pitches here.
- 10:00 – Welcome | Ajay Kapadia (KTN)
- 10:05 – Introduction to the TFI Challenge | Sarah Connolly (Innovate UK)
- 10:20 – Challenge Pitches from FI Challenge Owners
- 11:10 – KTN Offer to the FIs | Ajay Kapadia (KTN)
- 11:15 – Next Steps | Sarah Connolly (KTN)
- 11:20 – Q&A to IUK and KTN | Ajay Kapadia (KTN) and Sarah Connolly (Innovate UK)
- 11:30 – Closing Remarks and End
- 14:00 – Meeting Mojo platform open