The future of safety technology and creating a safe online world - what the ideal world for suppliers and users can look like
In this session run by KTN as a delivery partner in the Safety Tech Innovation Network, in partnership with Crisp and DCMS, we’ll discuss and highlight the future benefits of a well-established safety tech sector.
“Cybersecurity focuses on protecting data, information, networks and systems. Cyber safety, or safety tech, focuses on protecting what it is to be human online. It focuses on protecting people online.”
Professor Mary Aiken | Cyberpsychologist
Across the world a new wave of companies are developing a huge variety of innovative products and services that help businesses better protect their online users from harm. As our online digital life continues to grow, Safety Tech products and solutions that protect us when we use online services and communities will soon become vital and central components of innovation in digital and online technology.
Webinar recording is now available
But what should the future look like for this to be a success?
In this session run by KTN as a delivery partner in the Safety Tech Innovation Network, in partnership with Crisp and DCMS, we’ll discuss and highlight the future benefits of a well-established safety tech sector. Where are we on this journey? Where are we heading? What does the ideal world really look like for the sector from both the provider and the end-user perspective? What difference will it make to the online lives of UK and global citizens?
During the event you will have a chance to discuss some of the key themes for the safety tech sector’s future and speak directly with other businesses during the networking session.
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs and teams from digital business that create and deploy online communities and forums
- Anybody from the Safety Tech Sector that provides solutions and technologies to protect from online harms
There will be a chance to meet the speakers and other delegates in an online networking session. More details to follow.
- 10:00 – Welcome and housekeeping
- 10:05 – Introductions and objectives:
Safety Tech Innovation Network & KTN – Andy Curtis, Head of Digital Economy and Creative Industries
Crisp – Kirsten Brumfitt, VP of People | Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport – Graham Francis, Senior Policy Lead
- 10:15 – Talk: What will it take to get safety tech right in the future and how is it achieved in 3-5 years? – John-Orr Hanna, Chief Intelligence Officer, Crisp
- 10:20 – Discussion panel
- John-Orr Hanna, Chief Intelligence Officer – Crisp
- Ian Stevenson, Chair of Online Safety Tech Industry Association (OSTIA) and CEO of Cyan.
- Dr Anna Vartapetiance, CEO, Co-Founder and Co-Director of Securium
- Melina Sánchez Montañés, Managing Director, Innovation Fund of Alfred Landecker Foundation.
- 10:40 – Questions to the panel
- 10:50 – Workshop briefing
- 10:55 – Breakout rooms discussions:
(Objective: to discuss various elements of a Safety Tech “ideal world” challenge; each room chaired and facilitated with issues and solutions noted and fed back to the main room in plenary)
- The challenge and opportunity of AI: (Chair: John-Orr Hanna)
- Getting the talent and experience the sector needs. (Chair: Kirsten Brumfitt)
- Expanding Safety Tech as a brand. (Chair: Andy Curtis)
- 11:25 – Feedback from breakout rooms
- 11:45 – Closing remarks
- 11:50 – Event ends
- 12:00 – Online networking