TFI Small CR&D Competition Briefing
Find out about the new Transforming Foundation Industries Small Scale Research and Development programme in our competition briefing.
Join Innovate UK and KTN for details of the new Transforming Foundation Industries Small Scale Research and Development programme. Projects must focus on resource or energy efficiency in the foundation industries, and applicants can be from the foundation industries or their immediate supply chains.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides below.
The funding is worth up to £1.5m, and can fund projects with total eligible costs of £25 – £250k. An aim of this competition is to encourage companies wishing to undertake smaller projects to apply for Innovate grant funding, perhaps for the first time.
There are two competition strands:
- Strand 1 (£25k – £75k) | Projects do not need to be cross-sector, but should be able to demonstrate that the technology could be adapted to other sectors in the future.
- Strand 2 (£75k – £250k) | Your consortium must include at least 2 businesses representing at least 2 sectors in the foundation industries (cement, glass, ceramics, paper, metals and bulk chemicals).
Universities and RTOs can act as a collaborator and claim up to 30% of the costs, but cannot lead a project. To make it further attractive to first time applicants, there will be a simplified application process for Strand 1 projects.
The event included opportunities to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail
- Network online and find partners for the competition
- Speak with and Innovate UK online for a 1:1 discussion about your project ideas