Tees Valley Hydrogen Transport Hub Scoping Workshop
This workshop, held in partnership with the Department of Transport (DFT) and Innovate UK, will directly inform The Tees Valley Hydrogen Transport Hub competition scope.
The Tees Valley Hydrogen Transport Hub is envisioned as a large-scale, long-term initiative, to make the region and the UK a world leader in hydrogen powered transport. Please click here to see the full masterplan.
There will be at least £2.5m to support pilot trials and R&D in 2021/2. Projects will test business models and operating needs to inform future large-scale trials and/or commercially sustainable operations. This workshop, held in collaboration with KTN, DFT and Innovate UK, will directly inform the full competition scope. The competition will open on the 10th of May 2021.
A non-exhaustive list of end use cases is below:
- Zero Emission, hydrogen and fuel cell mobile plant and handling equipment in the Tees Valley port side area.
- Light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles powered by innovative hydrogen and fuel cell technology.
- Hydrogen and fuel cell Public Service Vehicles for supporting local residents in e.g., care home transportation.
- Bus or high occupancy vehicle operations
- Maritime vessels operating in and out of the Tees Valley port area including passenger ferries
We strongly encourage end users, operators, providers of hydrogen transportation solutions and other relevant organisations to apply to participate in the workshop.
We are asking all organisations to submit your interest in attending this workshop by 5pm 15th April. Submissions will be reviewed on 16th April and you will be notified if you have been allocated a place on 19th April.