Adopt AI Series: Supporting the Adoption of Robotics & AI in Northern Ireland
Rising operating costs have a direct impact on our bottom line and productivity. Skills, labour shortages, the real cost of waste are common and critical themes impacting businesses in Northern Ireland now. How can these problems be solved with Robotics and AI? Technologies such as Robotics and AI (RAI) are key in supporting growth and its sustainability. Evidence shows that the impact of AI across UK’s industrial and commercial activities could boost Northern Ireland’s GDP by up to £2.6 billion by 2030 (Irish News). In addition, Northern Ireland has a great opportunity to achieve this because of its strong University research in various applications of RAI.
As this was an in-person-only event, no recording is available. However, there is a recording available from the related event “Adopt AI Series: Solving Manufacturing Productivity Challenges in Northern Ireland using Robotics & AI”, which took place on 20th October 2022. Click here to view the recording.
About the Event
Have your say on the issues impacting your business and help to influence future policy and funding.
Innovate UK KTN is collaborating with Invest Northern Ireland (Invest NI) to run a series of events using our knowledge exchange framework that will involve RAI consumers from a variety of sectors. We hope to create awareness in relation to the Innovate UK KTN and Invest NI support for businesses, and the possible ways to use RAI to increase productivity in business.
Our framework aims to support businesses through three steps of an adoption journey:
- Developing the companies understanding of the technology and the identifying the right support to help them
- Developing collaboration between companies, academic research and technology providers
- Developing a solution for the company with real productivity benefits.
In addition, during the event:
- Northern Ireland RAI integrator will be sharing success stories
- Ulster University will introduce their Smart Manufacturing Data Hub
- The Innovate UK KTN team will also meet businesses on a one-to-one basis to offer individual support
- The event will encourage business networking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing
- Technology providers demonstrating their products.
- 09:30 10:00 – Registration & coffee
- 10:00 10:05 – Opening remarks (Vicky Kell)
- 10:05 10:10 – Welcome (Sam Tunner)
- 10:10 10:20 – Intro to INI work (Richard Pelan)
- 10:20 10:30 – Aims of the event (Caroline Chibelushi)
- 10:30 10:40 – KTPs (Joel Furguson)
- 10:40 11:00 – Ulster Uni – SMDH (Dr Justin Quinn)
- 11:00 11:20 – Queens Uni – NITC/AMIC (Colm Higgins)
- 11:20 11:30 – Questions (Vicky Kell)
- 11:30 11:40 – Break
- 11:40 11:50 – FAST Technologies Case study (Mark Higgins)
- 11:50 12:00 – Kuka Case study (Brian Cooney)
- 12:00 12:10 – Viioni Case study (Sean McNicholl)
- 12:10 12:20 – FP McCann Case study (Gareth Robinson)
- 12:20 12:30 – Questions (Vicky Kell)
- 12:30 13:30 – Lunch and networking
- 13:30 15:30 – 1:1 Workshops and organizations manning stands | Roundtable discussions
- 15:30 15:45 – Funding (Trias Gkikopoulos)
- 15:45 16:00 – Summing up, next steps and closing (Caroline Chibelushi)
Who is the Event for?
Companies in Northern Ireland active in any sector (but particularly relevant for agri-food, transport, creative, manufacturing), that:
- Are interested in adopting Robotics and/or AI
- Have started the process of adopting Robotics and/or AI but need additional support in expanding/taking next steps
- Have adopted Robotics and/or AI and have learned valuable lessons that could benefit the wider community.
Please note that only businesses operating or having offices in Northern Ireland will be eligible for this event. Academia/universities are out of scope for this activity.
Don’t miss out on the other event in the Adopt AI Series, focusing on solving manufacturing productivity challenges in Northern Ireland using Robotics & AI. The event took place online on 20 Oct. Read more and view the recording by clicking here.
About our knowledge exchange framework
Innovate UK KTN has developed an innovative three step knowledge exchange framework that will speed up that the adoption of Robotics and AI across sectors, in order to increase productivity and profitability. The Adopt AI Series gives delegates the opportunity to connect with our experts and partners, and receive tailored support to find the most suitable technology and knowledge providers, and explore how Robotics & AI can be incorporated across their business. For more information, please contact RAI@iuk.ktn-uk.org.
Event in collaboration with: