Stronger Foundations: Women's Leadership & Allyship Summit
The Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) Challenge will be hosting an in-person event in London on the 10th October 2023 to showcase the impact of the Women’s Leadership programme. This event will be delivered by Women Innovators in the Foundation Industries.
About the programme
The UK’s Foundation Industries have traditionally been male dominated, and still lack women in leadership roles. This has a cascade effect into the talent pipeline with few role models for women more junior in their careers, compounded by limiting beliefs such as glass ceilings and imposter syndrome.
The Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) Challenge recognises the need and value of increased female leadership and the uniquely female barriers that women face. Over the past 2 years, TFI has acted as a catalyst for change, supporting 80 women from across the Foundation Industries and their supply chains in a fully funded leadership development programme. The aim of this programme was to encourage women and give them the tools to enter leadership positions or to assist those already in a leadership role achieve impact and act as role models and mentors for future generations.
In the past two years, TFI’s Women in Leadership programme has:
- Created 2 strong cohorts of women with improved confidence and ability to lead organisations through challenging times
- Provided opportunities for women to network and mentor each other across the foundation industry sectors
- Left a legacy to train the future leaders of the Foundation Industries, with the focus on leadership diversity and inspiring future women leaders to lead sustainable Foundation Industry organisations
About the event
On Ada Lovelace Day, 10th October 2023, the Transforming Foundation Industries Challenge invites you to an inspiring Showcase event to witness the impact of the Women’s Leadership programme and hear first-hand from participants as well as training providers. We’ll be delving into the wealth of tools and networks available to your organisations to support women’s leadership programme development and adoption. This event is not just for women leaders but also for allies who believe in the power of gender equality and wish to contribute to sustainable change for the Foundation Industries.
At this event you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn from successful case studies and best practices from prominent industry leaders and organisations.
- Network with like-minded individuals committed to advancing gender diversity and women’s empowerment.
- Engage in an interactive session to foster allyship and create a supportive environment for women leaders.
- Gain valuable insights to tools and resources to help you build more inclusive leadership practices within your own organisation.
If you have any questions about this event, please reach out to Neelam Mughal.