Sensors, Controls and Digitalisation (for resource / energy efficiency)
Watch KTN’s three conferences on the Foundation Industries, in partnership with TFI Network+ and TransFIRe, covering: resource efficiency; sensors, control and digitalisation; and energy recovery.
The three Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) supporting groups (KTN, Network+ and TransFIRe) are jointly organising three online conferences to find solution providers to address the challenges of the Foundation Industries (FIs). Research and innovation from both the academic and industrial community will be showcased. These conferences coincide with the upcoming TFI Demonstrator Competition, thus providing a platform to bring together challenge owners and solution providers within the TFI community.
Hosted by TFI Network+
Webinar recording is now available
The use of sensors to capture live plant data is becoming more common place in the foundation industries, but there is still a large amount of untapped potential.
Presentations and discussions will include what data capture is still required, how it could be captured, and how it can be used most efficiently to increase resource and energy efficiency.
This topic will include all stages of a production process, covering the use of sensor technology to data storage and management, and controls and process hardware, such as drives and burners, to fully embed digitalisation within the foundation industries and move towards automated process management.
- Stephanos Theodossiades | Loughborough University
- Alex Kotelnikov | Turation
- Jie Zhang | Centre for Process Analytics and Control Technology (CPACT)
- David Armstrong | Fraunhofer Research UK Ltd
- Yufeng Lai | University of Sheffield
- Nishal Ramadas | hy-met
- 6th October | TransFIRe launch followed by Resource Efficiency (waste utilisation, symbiosis, design for circular economy)
- 18th October | Sensors, Controls and Digitalisation (for resource / energy efficiency)
- 3rd November | Energy Efficiency (process efficiency, heat recovery)