SBRI: Using Geospatial Data to Solve Transport Challenges Phase 1 - Competition Briefing
The Geospatial Commission has partnered with Innovate UK to create a new £2m competition that will look at how location data can spark innovation and support the future of mobility for the United Kingdom.
Webinar recording is now available
Smarter mobility solutions, underpinned by location data, will enable us to make the most of our transport networks by boosting capacity, reducing environmental impacts and decreasing travel times. This competition aims to stimulate commercial innovation to help create geospatial solutions to our transport challenges and support the future of mobility.
The competition has four themes:
- Mobility as a service – to help better integration of transport modes
- Active travel – creating safer ways to enable active travel
- Supply chains – helping better distribution, storage and delivery
- Boosting capacity – increasing efficiency of transport networks
Examples of projects that could be awarded funding include:
- Location-enabled devices and sensors to support safer active transport modes.
- Making better use of kerbside space for deliveries.
- Near-miss identification tools to identify risk early on.
- Geospatial tools to inform balanced infrastructure investment that supports social and environmental outcomes.
Online Networking: You can build your networking profile on the B2Match matchmaking portal. This virtual marketplace enables you to search and profile project opportunities as well as facilitate introductions between innovators, potential customers / challenge owners and sub-contractors who are looking to respond to the SBRI competition. Tell other parties about yourself/your organisation, your business field and organisation details, what you are searching for and offering, from products and services to partnerships. This virtual marketplace has two key objectives:
- To enable applicants to identify and seek support from challenge owners or lead customers,
- To enable applicants to identify other organisations or individuals that offer specific skills or services, filling any gaps in the applicant’s organisation.