SBRI: MRV for land based greenhouse gas removal, Phase 1
Innovate UK, in collaboration with Innovate UK KTN, hosted an online competition briefing webinar on the 13th July 2022 to share details of the new funding competition “SBRI – MRV Tools and Techniques for Land-Based Greenhouse Gas Removal”.
For Greenhouse Gas Removal (GGR) methods to credibly contribute to the net-zero emissions target, we must be able to quantify the emissions removals and understand their permanence and security. This is particularly challenging for land-based GGR methods and will be enabled through the development of robust monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) protocols.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition funded by Innovate UK as part of the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF) Greenhouse Gas Removal Demonstrators (GGR-D) programme. It will fund the development of innovative monitoring, reporting and verification tools and techniques to assess the effectiveness of land based CO2 removal technologies.
The briefing webinar will include an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competition in more detail and how to apply
- Learn about the eligibility criteria
- Hear about the support services available for businesses applying into the fund
The event will be of particular interest to;
- Innovators: sensor and monitoring, data analytics, carbon modelling, app developers
- Carbon removal technology developers: biochar, mineralisation, enhanced rock weathering, afforestation and perennial biomass growth
- Government and climate organisations
To read the competition guidance click here.