Building Better Online Communities: Resilience in 2021 and beyond
How tech can better support customer relationship-building, and what guidance and support is needed for moderators. Our expert panel leads the discussion.
2020 saw a dramatic rise in the shift to digital workplaces and the importance of online communities at the heartbeat of an organisation.
Webinar recording is now available
As 2021 kicks off, we’ve brought together some of the most respected thought leaders in the online communities and peer-to-peer space to discuss some of the key issues that will challenge conventional thinking on what makes a community successful.
You will learn:
- The changing shape of moderation from a reactive blunt tool to a process helping to shape positive user behaviours and actions
- How technology and AI can blend more effectively with the needs of those using it on a daily basis to create better solutions and outcomes for all
- The importance of the online community manager as a profession and why we must take better care of their mental health
- The evolution of community management from nice to have to its role in future-proofing your organisation
- Chair: Richard Graham, Consultant Psychiatrist; Clinical Director | Good Thinking
- Vincent Boon, CEO | Giants Technology
- Darren Gough, Founder and MD | Island23 Ltd
- Nancy Kinder, Knowledge and Community Management Consultant
- Mhairi Underwood, Head of Community | The Student Room Group
Our panel will lead the discussion, offer unique insight from direct experience and offer guidance and examples of next steps you can take to practically embrace this vital sector.