Resource Efficiency (waste utilisation, symbiosis, design for circular economy)
Register for KTN’s three conferences on the Foundation Industries, in partnership with TFI Network+ and TransFIRe, covering: resource efficiency; sensors, control and digitalisation; and energy recovery.
The three Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) supporting groups (KTN, Network+ and TransFIRe) are jointly organising three online conferences to find solution providers to address the challenges of the Foundation Industries (FIs). Research and innovation from both the academic and industrial community will be showcased. These conferences coincide with the upcoming TFI Demonstrator Competition, thus providing a platform to bring together challenge owners and solution providers within the TFI community.
TransFIRe launch, followed by TFI conference on resource efficiency hosted by TransFIRe’
The foundation industries require large volumes of raw materials in a mixture of virgin and recycled forms alongside other inputs such as water and energy, and produce a number of by-products. As we move towards a UK circular economy, with a focus upon Net Zero, how can some of these input and output streams become connected and extract best value from these valuable commodities
Presentations and discussions to include the current barriers to minimising resource use and reusing products and materials, the role of designing for a circular economy and opportunities for innovation and development.
- 13:30-15:00 TransFIRe Launch
- 15:00-17:30 Resource Efficiency Conference
Click here for the agenda.
- Chris Holcroft | Glass Technology Services
- Sid Pourfalah | Concrete4change
- Helena Gomes | University of Nottingham
- Rob Grant | Gas Recovery and Recycle limited
- Dhivya Puri | Fiberight
- Karen Finney | National Translational Energy Research Centre
- Alan Smith | Net Zero Scientific Ltd
- Clare Richardson-Barlow and Dr Andrew Pimm | University of Leeds
- 6th October | TransFIRe launch followed by Resource Efficiency (waste utilisation, symbiosis, design for circular economy)
- 18th October | Sensors, Controls and Digitalisation (for resource / energy efficiency)
- 3rd November | Energy Efficiency (process efficiency, heat recovery)