Farming Innovation Programme - Research Starter Pilot - Briefing Event
Watch our briefing on replay to find out more about the new Research Starter Pilot funding competition for farmers, growers and foresters.
Round 2 of this competition will open on 23rd May 2022. To watch our event briefing for Round 2, click here.
Who is this event for?
Farmers, growers and foresters who have a bold, ambitious, early stage idea to increase productivity and environmental sustainability in agriculture or horticulture.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
What is the funding for?
- Projects up to 12 months in length
- Total project costs between £28k – £56k
- Farmers and growers to develop ambitious early-stage ideas and build a collaborative team
Where does the funding come from?
This funding is part of Defra’s Farming Innovation Programme which is delivered in partnership with UKRI’s Transforming Food Production Challenge.
It’s about solving challenges and exploiting opportunities to increase productivity and environmental sustainability in the agricultural and horticultural sectors in England.
It will launch in October 2021 and include several funding competitions like this one.
Why watch our briefing?
- Find out more about the scope and eligibility criteria directly from the funders
- Learn about the application process