Quantum for Batteries - Opportunities & Synergies
Watch the recording of an exciting session on Feb 1st which aimed to connect the UK battery and quantum communities. Hear from our key speakers and listen in on the discussions that followed.
Watch the ‘Quantum for Batteries – Opportunities & Synergies’ webinar which aims to connect the UK battery and quantum communities.
Webinar recording is now available
Battery technology is key to achieve the net zero agenda both in the transport and renewable energy sectors. The UK has a fast-growing battery industry; connecting the battery community to new solutions developed by the UK National Quantum Technology Programme (UKNQTP), and feeding its priorities back to the UKNQTP. Bringing these two communities together will help accelerate the UK battery revolution and support the UK economy.
This webinar aims to connect the UK battery and quantum communities. Quantum computing, simulation, sensing and imaging technologies can assist battery design, manufacturing and testing. The main objective of this event is to make the battery community aware of the advantages that quantum technology can deliver, and to inform the quantum community on battery needs, priorities, technology gaps and opportunities.
This event is co-delivered with the Cross-Sector Battery Systems Innovation Network, a growing, open and collaborative battery community funded by Innovate UK KTN and the Faraday Battery Challenge.
Why should you attend this event?
- To gain insights into innovative quantum solutions and latest trends
- To understand the technology needed for various battery applications
- To explore opportunities for the quantum and battery industries to work together and support the decarbonisation agenda
Who should attend this webinar?
We are strongly encouraging participation from solution providers from the Quantum industry and challenge holders from the battery sector. The event will offer networking opportunities and a chance to identify innovation needs and potential areas for collaboration around quantum solutions for battery related technical challenges.
- 10:00 – Welcome and introductions
- Bob Cockshott | KTN
- Nikoleta Piperidou | KTN
- 10:10 – How can Quantum support the Battery Revolution?
- Professor Peter Kruger | Sussex University
- Raul Santos Sanhueza, Quantum Software Researcher | Phasecraft
- Matt Markham, Principal Research Scientist | Element 6
- 10:40 – Q&A session chaired by Bob Cockshott | Innovate UK KTN
- 11:00 – Which are the biggest technical challenges where batteries need support?
- Nicholas Yiu, Founder | Intercalation
- Gary Kendall, Director | CDO2
- Dr Hallam Davis, Senior Electrochemist | AMTE Power
- 11:30 – Q&A session chaired by Nikoleta Piperidou | Innovate UK KTN
- 11:50 – Wrap-up
- 12:00 – Close
- 12:00 – 17:00: Informal networking (through meeting mojo) – participation optional