Prospering from the Energy Revolution: Six in Sixty - Technology and Infrastructure
Hear about one of the key facets of PFER, a £104m programme focussed on the integration of power, heat and transport and the business models needed to enable Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) to scale towards net zero.
If you’re part of the smart systems community this session on Technology and Infrastructure within the Prospering From the Energy Revolution (PFER) ISCF, part of the Six in Sixty mini-series is a must attend.
Webcast recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
Speakers from funded energy system projects and industry experts will take a pacy look at technology and infrastructure innovation for smart local energy systems.
The topics and speakers lined up are:
- Helping put the ‘smart’ into smart local energy systems, Brian Wann, SSE
- How electric vehicles bring flexibility to the electricity grid, William Goldsmith, EV.Energy
- Project ESO: the world’s largest hybrid battery project, Liza Lebedev, Habitat Energy
- Decarbonising shipping infrastructure: the Portsmouth PESO project, Dr Jonathan Williams, MSE International
- Enabling the future: the recommendations of the Energy Digitalisation Taskforce, Laura Sandys
- The Ofgem Strategic Innovation Fund – driving innovation in our energy networks, Chris Coonick, UKRI
PFER is a £104m programme focussed on the integration of power, heat, digital and transport and the business models needed to enable Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) to scale towards net zero. PFER features 180 businesses funded to deliver around 60 projects; now is the time to bring the smart systems community together.
Enabling smart local energy systems
We live, work and travel in regions, cites, towns and communities, but energy systems are still very centralised. UKRI’s Prospering from the Energy Revolution programme explored the potential of smart local energy systems and place-based approaches. Discover learnings and insights from the £104m, five-year programme.