Prospering from the Energy Revolution: Six in Sixty - People and Skills
Hear about one of the key facets of PFER, a £104m programme focussed on the integration of power, heat and transport and the business models needed to enable Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) to scale towards net zero.
If you’re part of the smart systems community this session on People and Skills within the Prospering From the Energy Revolution (PFER) ISCF, part of the Six in Sixty mini-series, is a must attend. The fast-paced, quick-fire, hour-long webinar with six speakers is the final episode in the story of Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) and PFER, focusing on the People and Skills pillar.
Webcast recording is now available
PFER is a £104m programme focussed on the integration of power, heat, digital and transport and the business models needed to enable Smart Local Energy Systems (SLES) to scale towards net zero. PFER features 180 businesses funded to deliver around 60 projects; now is the time to bring the smart systems community together.
Speakers from funded energy system projects and industry experts will take a quick-fire look at the subject of people and skills in relation to smart local energy systems.
The topics and speakers for the session are shown below. Each has just seven minutes to cover their topic then there will be an opportunity for you to put questions to the panel:
- Skills and competences for smart local energy systems: what the research shows – Ruzanna Chitchyan, EnergyRev
- A Centre of Excellence for smart local energy systems: building opportunities for training and education – Akos Revesz, GreenSCIES
- The Skills for a Sustainable Skyline Taskforce: building a world class net zero built environment in London and beyond – Chris Oldham, City of London Corporation
- Developing a retrofit pathway and digital tool for supply chain training in Rugeley – Richard Bubb, Social Housing Action Plan (SHAP) Zero Carbon Rugeley project
- Supporting households, Local Authorities and landlords to make informed and robust retrofit decisions – Russell Smith, Parity Projects & Retrofit Works
- Funding net zero: what skills do we need to ensure green finance can deliver? – Emma Harvey, Green Finance Institute
You can catch up on all the previous episodes in the series via the links below.
Enabling smart local energy systems
We live, work and travel in regions, cites, towns and communities, but energy systems are still very centralised. UKRI’s Prospering from the Energy Revolution programme explored the potential of smart local energy systems and place-based approaches. Discover learnings and insights from the £104m, five-year programme.