Plastics, from Cradle to Grave and Resurrection III
This free online event brings together regulatory, academic and industrial speakers to stimulate discussion on the challenges and opportunities for researchers, industry and government.
There are two thematic sessions on consequences of the drive to recycle plastics. The first covers micro-plastics in the environment, their toxicology and associated risk assessment. The second explores the complex issue of the toxicological significance of chemical migration from recycled plastics in food contact materials. This event follows on from the successful conferences held in 2021 and 2019 and has been organised to expand on the key themes.
Webinar recordings are now available
Micro-plastics in the Environment
- 10:00 – Welcome – Denise Goldsmith & John MacLachlan
- 10:05 – Regulatory Scene Setting: Microplastics and Recycled Plastics – Judy Proctor
- 10:30 – Exposure Source, from Bottle to Ocean Food Chain – Tamara Galloway
- 10:55 – Characterising Microplastic Exposure and Effects – Stephanie Wright
- 11:20 – Round Table – What Do We Do About It? – Todd Gouin (chair), Tamara Galloway, Natalie Welden, Judy Proctor, Stephanie Wright, Caroline Gauchotte-Lindsay
- 12:00 – Break
Migration from Recycled Food Contact Materials
- 13:00 – Welcome – Sally Beken & Clive Thompson
- 13:05 – NIAS in Food Contact Materials – Regulatory Scene Setting – Tim Chandler
- 13:25 – Characterising Exposure – Chemical Analysis & Uncertainties – Claire McKillen
- 13:50 – Characterising Toxicological Risk – Jason Weeks
- 14:15 – Round table – Should Recycled Plastics Be Used in FCM? – Nick Cliffe (chair), Claire McKillen, Tim Chandler, Raffi Schieir & Jason Weeks
- 14:55 – Wrap-up & Close – Sally Beken & John MacLachlan
Find the speakers here.
UK Circular Plastics Network (UKCPN)
The UK Circular Plastics Network (UKCPN) aims to bring together the diverse users of plastic products and realise the best means for reducing plastic waste entering the environment through a programme of networking and knowledge-sharing events and related support activities.