The Photonics for… 2021 webinar series will look at photonics technologies in a variety of sectors and applications.
Photonics is an underpinning technology with application in a wide range of end-use sectors. Photonics is a key enabler across industrial challenges from the digital economy to autonomous transport, provides innovative healthcare technologies for rapid disease detection, and is essential for Industry 4.0.
Webinar recording is now available
Following the success of our “Photonics for…” 2020 webinar series, we’re pleased to launch the “Photonics for…” 2021 webinar series that will further look at photonics technologies in a variety of sectors and applications.
Speakers from industry and academia will highlight the latest developments and KTN will provide an overview of the landscape and funding opportunities for each area.
The series is aimed at companies and researchers developing photonics technology, and at end-users looking to solve challenges and to produce innovative products and services. Its main aim is to bring together photonics specialists with end-users, therefore there will be networking opportunities across the whole series to support collaboration.
Photonics finds application in water industry challenges, both in sensing and measurement and in water treatment. Photonic-based sensors can be used to detect and measure a wide range of contaminants and physical parameters in water, and UV LEDs are coming to the fore in the treatment of drinking water.
This event will consider the application of photonics across the water industry and will provide an overview of collaboration and funding opportunities in the sector.
- 10:00 – Welcome | Mat Wasley, KTN
- 10:05 – Photonics – Opportunities in the Water Industry | Steve Kaye, UKWIR
- 10:25 – Making Light Work of Innovation | Matt Simpson, Typhon Treatment Systems
- 10:45 – Hamamatsu Technologies for Water Pollution Monitoring | Kane Talbot, Hamamatsu Photonics
- 11:05 – Nervous System for the Sewers | Claire Fenwick, nuron
- 11:25 – Water Quality Measurement Challenges in the Environment Agency | John Kupiec, Environment Agency
- 11:45 – Q&A
- 12:00 – Close
You can register below for one or more of our upcoming events:
- 29th April | Photonics for…Europe
- 24th June | Photonics for…Water
- 16th September | Photonics for…Renewable Energy