Medicines Manufacturing Celebration Event 2022
Download slides from Innovate UK KTN’s Medicines Manufacturing Community Challenge Celebration Event.
Innovate UK KTN held the Medicines Manufacturing Community Challenge Celebration Event in Manchester on 12 July 2022.
Find the slides here.
Since launching in 2017, the Challenge has helped develop first-of-a-kind technologies to accelerate patient access to new drugs and treatments, firmly establishing the UK as a leading global hub for the development, production and delivery of cutting-edge therapies.
To celebrate these successes, the free-to-attend event showcased the major innovation and research projects from the Challenge. The event included a facilitated panel discussion on the impact from and the future of sector-focused Innovation Centres, use cases from companies who have achieved growth through collaborative innovation, featuring Phico, Quotient and Oxford Biomedica, and a robotics showcase.
- 10:30 – 10:40 Introduction & Welcome by Andy Jones from Innovate UK
Innovation centres for impact
- 10:50 – 11:50 Panel Session & Q&ACell and Gene Therapy Catapult (CGTMIC), Stephen Ward
Advanced Therapies Treatment Centre (ATTC), Jaqueline Barry
Medicines Manufacturing Innovation Centre (MMIC), Katie Murray
Vaccine Manufacturing and Innovation Centre (VMIC), Andy Jones
- 11:10 -Industry view on engaging this innovation landscape by Jo Craig
- 11:15 – Q&A
- 11:50 – Summary of Morning Session
- 12:00 – Lunch, Networking & Robotics/Automation Showcase
Delivering economic growth for CR&D
- 13:20 – Highlights of the CR&D Portfolio by Nick Medcalf
- 13:30 – Case Study Presentations
- 14:30 – Refreshment Break & Networking
The future of medicines manufacturing innovation
- 15:00 – EPSRC
- 15:10 – MMIP Innovation Priorities by Brian Henry from Medicines Manufacturing Industry Partnership
- 15:25 – Manufacturing’s Future Priorities by Juliette White from AstraZeneca
- 15:40 – Panel Session with Q&A Chaired by Andy Jones, Innovate UK
- 16:20 – Summary & Wrap Up
- 16:30 – Close
Medicines Manufacturing Challenge Community
A now-completed programme that supported manufacturers of medicines in order to grow the UK economy – replaced by the Medicines Manufacturing programme.