ISCF SSPP Business Led R&D Collaboration Building Workshop – Considerations for end-of-life compostable packaging
This workshop enabled collaborations to be built in this specific topic area through presentations and breakout out rooms for the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge.
This competition provides a great opportunity for organisations to work collaboratively together to look at new products and technologies in compostable consumer packaging. However, any solutions must consider what will happen at the end of life of the packaging.
Webinar recording is now available
This workshop was used to enable collaborations to be built in this specific topic area through presentations and breakout out rooms.
Attendees were asked the following questions as part of the event:
- How do you solve the problem of End of life for compostables/biodegradables?
- How can projects related to biodegradable compostable packaging ACTUALLY get composted AT SCALE?
- What’s your involvement/contribution/technology innovation that will facilitate this?
- Introduction, scene setting and what we are seeing – KTN
- SSPP background and why this topic is important – Innovate UK
- Presentation(s) – The current situation (including anaerobic digestion)
- Pitch session
- Break out groups
- Plenary Q&A/Discussion
UK Circular Plastics Network (UKCPN)
The UK Circular Plastics Network (UKCPN) aims to bring together the diverse users of plastic products and realise the best means for reducing plastic waste entering the environment through a programme of networking and knowledge-sharing events and related support activities.