Innovation for Growth Series: Scaling Up Through Innovation
This event is for all investable businesses located in the Greater Bristol and Bath, Wiltshire, or Gloucestershire area to share their strategic growth challenges, in order to partner with appropriate innovation support
Scale-ups, as defined as growing companies with ~10 employees, are the regional powerhouses of innovation, future employment and prosperity.
Whether you are already at or past the Scale-up” stage with your business, or a start-up aspiring to reach that point, two years+ on from the initial COVID lockdown, we want to know your strategic innovation challenges, and to partner you with appropriate innovation support.
- What are your barriers to innovation?
- What are your obstacles to growth?
- What perspectives have COVID changed – for better or worse?
- How can we help?
“What leading innovation is about is how to get people to co-create the future with you, not follow you to the future.”
Who should attend?
Whatever your business sector, if you are a Business Leader/Director/Senior Manager of a company located in the Greater Bristol, Bath, Wiltshire, or Gloucestershire area interested in Growth through Innovation, you should attend.
You may be interested in managing complex supply chains and logistics; achieving scalable growth; developing new technologies; responding to Net Zero targets; diversifying into new markets, embracing the digital revolution, increasing productivity, or gaining insights from your big data. Whatever your challenge, we want to know, and help you overcome it.
- Present business-critical challenges
- Share strategic business insights
- Connect with national and international support agencies
- Receive support on your innovation journey
- Shape and curate our future support
- 15:00 – Welcome and Introduction
- 15:05 – One minute pitches from national and international support agencies
- 15:15 – Keynote Speaker – “Scaling through Innovation” – Steve Mayers, Head of Scale up | SETsquared
- 15:25 – Business Leaders – “Challenges and Needs” – Roundtable discussions
- 16:05 – Panel – Keynote and Stakeholders; audience questions
- 16:20 – Partnering and Networking activity
- 16:45 – Concluding remarks and next steps
Our Hosts and Stakeholders
SETsquared’s Scale-Up Programme provides a range of business support for growing innovative businesses, helping companies win funding and investment through collaboration with its Partner Universities including the University of Bristol, and Bath University.
There are a vast array of strategic business support and funding initiatives available. Understanding and deciphering which is the most suitable to address your specific need can often be a challenge. At Innovate UK KTN our mission is to connect ideas, people, and communities to respond to business challenges and drive positive change through innovation.
Other stakeholders at this event include Innovate UK, Innovate UK EDGE, The Defence and Security Accelerator and The British Business Bank. The round table discussions will enable us to delve into the most pressing regional business challenges by bringing together business leaders, with academic experts and potential solution providers, and to highlight the different funding opportunities available to support your strategic business needs, such as Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.
About Innovate UK KTN
Our mission is to connect ideas, people, and communities to respond to business challenges and drive positive change through innovation.