Industrial Energy Transformation Fund Phase 2 Spring 2022
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), in collaboration with Innovate UK KTN, will be hosting an online competition briefing webinar on the 1st February 2022 to share details of the new Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Spring 2022 window of funding.
The IETF will support businesses with high energy use to transition to a low carbon future, and to cut their bills and emissions through increased energy efficiency and decarbonisation. It is a crucial part of the Government’s strategy for tackling climate change and reaching Net Zero by 2050. It complements other government programmes that offer innovation and early demonstration support, such as the Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator and Industrial Fuel Switching (part of the Net Zero Innovation Portfolio) and will help to transform an important part of the UK economy.
Webcast recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
The Phase 2 competition for England, Wales and Northern Ireland opens on the 31st January 2022 and runs until 29th April 2022 and is worth up to £60 million in funding. It will be available in the form of a grant scheme and will fund:
- Studies – feasibility and engineering studies to investigate identified energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to making an investment decision.
- Energy Efficiency projects – deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption. TRL 8-9
- Deep Decarbonisation projects – deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings. TRL 7-9
For more information on IETF Phase 2: Spring 2022 and to view the applicant guidance, please visit our competition page.
The briefing webinar will include an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail and how to apply
- Hear from industrial site owners who were funded in Phase 1
- Learn about the eligibility criteria
- Hear about the IETF support and information services available for businesses
- Network online and develop partnerships for the competitions
- Speak with BEIS confidentially about your project ideas
The webinar will benefit a number of organisations and professionals including:
- Manufacturing companies
- Mining and quarrying companies
- Recovery and recycling of materials companies
- Data centres
- Energy efficiency and decarbonisation technology providers
To help potential applicants to find suitable partners for the competition KTN has launched the Phase 2 IETF networking platform. BEIS will be offering confidential discussions via the networking platform on the day of the briefing event and you can book meetings with them through the IETF networking platform. Register here.