Industrial Energy Transformation Fund Competition Briefing
Join BEIS, Innovate UK and KTN for this briefing webinar on the £40m IETF competition. Hear about the industrial net zero policy, the competition’s scope and application details.
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), in collaboration with Innovate UK and KTN, will be hosting a competition briefing webinar on the 11th March to share details of the spring window of funding from the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF).
Webcast recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
The IETF will support businesses with high energy use to transition to a low carbon future, and to cut their bills and emissions through increased energy efficiency and decarbonisation. It is a crucial part of the Government’s strategy for tackling climate change and reaching Net Zero by 2050. It will complement other Government programmes that offer innovation and early demonstration support, such as the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) and the Energy Innovation Programme (EIP) and will help to transform an important part of the UK economy.
The funding for England, Wales and Northern Ireland opens on the 8th March and is worth up to £40m. It will be available in the form of a grant scheme and will fund:
- Deployment of mature energy efficiency technologies that improve industrial process energy efficiency and reduce energy demand
- Feasibility and engineering studies for projects deploying mature energy efficiency technologies or deep decarbonisation technologies. These technical and economic assessments of potential projects reduce risks and provide more accurate cost estimates, enabling decision-makers to make informed investment choices.
The briefing webinar will include an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail
- Network online and develop partnerships for the competitions
- Speak with BEIS and Innovate UK online for a one to one discussion about your project ideas
The webinar will benefit a number of organisations and professionals including:
- Manufacturing companies
- Data centres
- Energy efficiency and decarbonisation innovators and professionals
Collaboration Platform: To help potential applicants to find suitable partners for the competition, KTN has launched the IETF networking platform. In the last round of funding we had over 200 delegates on the platform with a variety of skills and expertise. This tool can be used to discuss project opportunities and facilitate introductions between organisations interested in the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund. It provides powerful networking through online messaging and 1:1 virtual meetings. You will be able to use this to upload your profile, search other users’ profiles and book video chat meetings via the platform.
We recommend you start building your profile now here, ahead of the competition launch on 8th March. After this, we encourage you to revisit the site to start browsing other users’ profiles and send messages to discuss possible collaboration opportunities. There will also be the opportunity to book 1:1 video chat meetings which are scheduled after the briefing event. BEIS and Innovate UK will be offering 1:1 confidential discussions via this platform on the day of the briefing event and you can book meetings with them too.