Industrial Applications of Biomass: The Biorefinery Concept – creating high value product streams from biomass
Watch the recording
As part of our Industrial Applications of Biomass series, this online event focuses on the biorefinery concept as a means to create maximum impact and value from biomass. It aims to demonstrate how biorefineries are essential for the future of UK biomass utilisation – key to the shift away from a fossil-based economy and the drive to net zero.
This webinar will explore the opportunities biorefineries present along with some consideration of the current barriers to their development within the UK. Presentations include a review of the cutting-edge Biorefinery Glas project in Ireland and an outline of work underway in SW England to develop a biorefinery model for creating seaweed value chains.
The session will also include dissemination of a recent biomass to chemicals report based on data collected in previous webinars in this series, as well as a review of the current UK biomass policy landscape.
- Biomass to Chemical report dissemination – Dr CJ Mort, Innovate UK KTN
- Biorefinery Glas – James Gaffey, Co-Director – CircBio, Ireland
- Title TBC – Dr Joe Bennett, Biorenewables Development Centre.
- Policy update – Dr Joanna Sparks, Biomass Policy Fellow – SuperGen Hub
Who this event is for?
- Anyone involved or interested in biorefinery and biomass utilisation
- SMEs, large industry and businesses, processors and commercial users
- Policy makers
- To learn more about the current status of UK biorefinery capacity
- To make connections with other stakeholders
- To identify collaboration opportunities