Horizon Europe Mission: A Soil Deal for Europe - Community Building Event
This webinar will focus on the sharing of UK soils expertise and capabilities with key stakeholders across the UK and Europe. UK organisations have already been successful in the 2021 Soils Mission. We will direct our attention to the research areas covered by the Horizon Europe ‘A Soil Deal for Europe’ Mission with a view to foster collaborations for building consortia for the 2023 Mission Call Topics and over the lifetime of the Programme.
Recording and slides now available
Who can Attend?
This online event is suitable for UK and European organisations with an interest in collaborating in Horizon Europe Research and Innovation projects in Soil Research and have an interest to submit a collaborative project proposal to the 2023 and future “A Soil Deal for Europe’ Mission calls.
Why Should I Attend?
The UK National Contact Points will provide information on opportunities available under this programme. A panel of expert speakers will outline the range of UK research capabilities in this field and how that aligns with the Horizon Europe ‘A Soil Deal for Europe’ Mission. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss project ideas in thematic breakout rooms.
The UK Government issued an announcement extending the scope of its Horizon Europe Guarantee to cover calls. For the latest information on the UK’s participation in Horizon Europe, visit the UKRI website.
Horizon Europe Soil Call Topics in 2023 are open until 20th September.
- Welcome and introduction to the session | Belen Rebollo-Garcia, Innovate UK KTN
- UK Soils Research and Innovation Capabilities | Panel of speakers from UK organisations
- Panel discussion
- Overview of the Horizon Europe and the Mission Call Topics, UK Participation and the UK HEU Guarantee | Helen Sweeney (UK National Contact Point), Innovate UK
- Break out rooms for focused discussion aligned to the Mission ‘A Soil Deal for Europe’ funding opportunities
- Room 1: Spatial Planning and Subsoil
- Room 2: Horticulture and Peat Alternatives
- Room 3: Digitalisation and Soil Pollution
- Room 4: Living Labs (Soil Health and Carbon Farming) and Communities
- Closing remarks: Key dates and Key information | Belen Rebollo-Garcia, Innovate UK KTN
When registering delegates can indicate the TWO breakout rooms of their preference. In the breakout rooms delegates can take part in a group discussion around specific themes taken from the 2023 ‘A Soil Deal for Europe’ Mission Call Topics. This will help identify opportunities for participation and building collaborations.
In addition delegates can share information with other delegates on a brief summary of their organisation’s capabilities, interest and proposals currently in preparation for the Soil Missions calls. This will be done through our template that must be returned by latest 27th February 2023.