Horizon Europe Mission: Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030 - Community Building Event
This webinar will focus on sharing ocean and water expertise and capabilities with key stakeholders from across the UK and Europe.
Recording now available
We will hear about the European research landscape and discuss the research themes covered by the Horizon Europe ‘Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030’ Mission. We will explore how the UK can continue to contribute to European research with a view to supporting collaborations for current and future Mission calls.
Please note: This event is not an information dissemination event, but will focus on the sharing of project ideas and brokering partnerships for European Research and Innovation collaborations and networking. If you still need support with understanding the Clusters, Work Programmes and scope of call topics, please watch the recordings from our previous Horizon Europe Cluster Events series. The NCP Team and Innovate UK KTN are available to answer your questions and arrange a call separately.
Who should watch this recording?
This online event is for UK and European organisations with an interest in collaborating in Horizon Europe Research and Innovation projects in Oceans and Waters research.
Why should I watch?
The Horizon Europe UK National Contact Points will provide information on the opportunities available under this mission. Expert speakers will outline UK and European research capabilities in this field and how that aligns with the themes under the Horizon Europe “Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030” Mission.
- Welcome and introduction to the session | Belen Rebollo-Garcia, Innovate UK KTN
- UK Oceans and Waters Research and Innovation Capabilities | Panel of speakers from EU and UK organisations
- Panel discussion
- Overview of Horizon Europe and the ‘Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030’ Mission Call Topics, UK Participation and the UK HEU Guarantee | Catherine Holt (UK National Contact Point), Innovate UK
- Break out rooms for focused discussion aligned to ‘Restore our Ocean and Waters’ Mission funding opportunities
- Room 1: Protect and restore marine and freshwater ecosystems and biodiversity
- Room 2: Sustainable, carbon-neutral and circular blue economy
- Room 3: Digital ocean and water knowledge system
- Room 4: Citizen engagement
- Closing remarks: Key information | Belen Rebollo-Garcia, Innovate UK KTN