Horizon Europe: EIC-Pathfinder Challenges Brokerage & Community Building Event
Recording now available
This webinar, brought to you by Innovate UK in partnership with the EIC UK Horizon Europe National Contact Points (NCPs) will focus on building the community in the technology areas covered by this call and pitching of project ideas to broker partnerships. The event is open to delegates from the UK and beyond.
The calls in this have various deadlines, with the latest being 18th October 2023.
Why should I attend?
This event will help you find partners to form international collaborations and strategic partnerships. The key focus of the event will be to provide hands-on advice to give you the final boost and get you ready for submission to this specific call from the European Innovation Council Work Programme.
There will be the opportunity to meet in breakout rooms with organisations interested in the specific “Challenges” covered in the EIC-Pathfinder 2023 Challenges call, and to present a pitch about your project idea or your capability offering.
The UK National Contacts Point Team for this area of Horizon Europe and Innovate UK’s European Programmes Team will also be available for small group discussions to answer any specific or more confidential questions. Make the most of the pitching and breakout-rooms opportunities.
EIC Pathfinder “Challenges” Call 2023:
The “Challenges” covered in this call are:
- Clean and efficient cooling
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction digitalisation for a novel triad of design, fabrication, and materials
- Precision nutrition
- Responsible electronics
- In-space solar energy harvesting for innovative space applications
You can consult the full details of the call by clicking here.
Delegates will also find it useful to familiarise themselves with the programme EIC Challenges info days videos: Click here.
Who can attend?
This event is suitable for anyone interested in collaborating in the EIC Pathfinder Challenges 2023 Call who is looking to submit a proposal idea or join a consortium. Delegates from all countries including European Member States and Horizon Europe Associated Countries are welcome and encouraged to attend and may also pitch at the event.
This event is not an information dissemination event and is suitable for those who have already identified a specific challenge or at least an area of interest, and are ready to take the next steps, discussing concrete project ideas with potential partners and going forward to a proposal submission. We recommend you familiarise yourself with the European Innovation Council 2023 Work Programme in preparation for this event. We suggest you to view the series of information days on EIC challenges which will help you prepare for this webinar. If you still need support with other questions the NCP Team and Innovate UK are available to answer your questions and arrange a call separately.
How to submit a pitch
Once you have registered you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to submit a pitch. A one page project pitch template will be provided following registration and must capture information on the challenge of your interest and how you expect to approach it, your capability offering, information on the partners you require and your contact details.
- Welcome and Introduction – Belen Rebollo, Innovate UK KTN
- EIC Pathfinder “Challenges” call requirements – Claire Griffin, EIC UK NCP, Innovate UK
- UK Participation in Horizon Europe & UK Guarantee – Chris Young, UK Legal NCP, Innovate UK
- EIC Case Study
- Breakout rooms: Virtual breakout rooms for discussion and pitch presentation – UK NCP Team:
– Clean and efficient cooling
– Architecture, Engineering and Construction digitalisation for a novel triad of design, fabrication, and materials
– Precision nutrition
– Responsible electronics
– In-space solar energy harvesting for innovative space applications
– A further breakout room for specific consultation with the UK EIC & Legal NCPs will also be available to delegates
- Closing remarks – Claire Griffin & Belen Rebollo, Innovate UK