Horizon Europe Clean Energy Webinar - Cluster 5 Destination 3
This webinar will highlight funding call topics within Cluster 5 / Destination 3 of the Horizon Europe Framework Programme and bring you plenty of networking opportunities.
KTN Global Alliance in partnership with the Foreign, Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) in Germany and UK National Contact Points (NCPs) from Innovate UK as well as European NCPs are delighted to invite potential applicants from the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the Nordic countries to participate in our Horizon Europe* Clean Energy online event taking place on 29 October 2021. This webinar will focus on pitching of project ideas and brokering partnerships for European Research and Innovation collaborations and networking.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Relevant Call Topics for 2021 – Open: 2 September 2021; Close: 23 February 2022
Cluster 5 / Destination 3
The following Call topics will be introduced and discussed in more detail, pitches are invited on these call topics which can also be found in the Work Programme on page 176 to 196 here:
Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-02: Next generation of renewable energy technologies
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-03: Hybrid catalytic conversion of renewable energy to carbon-neutral fuels
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-04: Physics and aerodynamics of atmospheric flow of wind for power production
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-05: Wind energy in the natural and social environment
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-06: Novel approaches to concentrated solar power (CSP)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-07: Stable high-performance Perovskite Photovoltaics
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-08: Cost-effective micro-CHP and hybrid heating systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-09: Carbon-negative sustainable biofuel production
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-10: Innovative foundations, floating substructures and connection systems for floating PV and ocean energy devices
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-11: Development of hydropower equipment for hidden hydropower
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-12: Innovation on floating wind energy deployment optimized for deep waters and different sea basins (Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea, Baltic Sea, North-east Atlantic Ocean)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-13: Demonstration pilot lines for alternative and innovative PV technologies (Novel c-Si tandem, thin film tandem, bifacial, CPV, etc.)
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-14: Demonstration of large-scale CHP technologies for a shift to the use of biogenic residues and wastes
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-15: Solutions for more sustainable geothermal energy
- HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-16: Innovative biomethane production as an energy carrier and a fuel
Relevant Call Topics for 2022 – Open: 14 October 2021; Close: 26 April 2022
Cluster 5 / Destination 3
The following Call topics will be introduced and discussed in more detail, pitches are invited on these call topics which can also be found in the Work Programme on page 198 to 207 here:
Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01-01: Demonstration of cost-effective advanced biofuel technologies utilizing existing industrial plants
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01-02: Demonstration of innovative materials, supply cycles, recycling technologies to increase the overall circularity of wind energy technology and to reduce the primary use of critical raw materials
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01-03: Advanced manufacturing of Integrated PV
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01-04: Demonstrate the use of high temperature geothermal reservoirs to provide energy storage for the energy system
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01-05: Demonstration of innovative plug-and play solutions for system management and renewables storage in off-grid applications
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01-06: Novel Agro-Photovoltaic systems
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01-07: Demonstration of innovative rotor, blades and control systems for tidal energy devices
Please note: This event is not an information dissemination event, but will focus on pitching of project ideas and brokering partnerships for European Research and Innovation collaborations and networking. It’s focused at applicants from the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the Nordic countries who have identified specific call topics or at least areas of interest, and are ready to take the next steps, discussing concrete project ideas with potential partners and going forward to a proposal submission. If you still need support with understanding the Clusters, Work Programmes and scope of call topics, we would like to refer you in the first instance to the recordings from our previous Horizon Europe Cluster Events series. The NCP Team and KTN are available to answer your questions and arrange a call separately.
Who can attend?
The event is specifically aimed at applicants from the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the Nordic countries and is suitable for anyone with an interest in collaborating in European Research and Innovation projects and who is looking to submit a proposal idea or join a consortium for one of the forthcoming 2021/2022 Horizon Europe Call topics. Delegates from other European Member States are also welcome.
Why should I attend?
This Horizon Europe Clean Energy Webinar will help you find partners from the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the Nordic countries to form international collaborations and strategic partnerships. The key focus of the events will be to provide hands-on advice to give you the final boost and get you ready for submission into the forthcoming 2021/2022 Horizon Europe calls. There will be the opportunity to present a pitch about your project idea or your capability offering, and you’ll be able to talk to pitch presenters and other delegates in small groups and / or in 1-1 meetings. The UK and European NCP Teams and KTN European Programmes Team will also be available for 1-1 meetings to answer any specific or more confidential questions. Make the most of the pitching and 1-1 meeting opportunities and indicate on your registration form whether you wanted to take advantage of these. (Pitches are subject to space availability and pitches of project ideas in particular will be prioritised. We will contact you to confirm your place post registration.)
In the case that we exceed capacity for these events, we will prioritise registrants that are working on or planning to work on a Horizon Europe proposal submission, and we reserve the right to limit the numbers of registrants coming from the same organisation.
*Horizon Europe is the next European Funding Framework Programme following on from its predecessor Horizon 2020. It will run for seven years from 2021 to 2027. The total budget set for the programme is €95.5 billion. There are six Clusters under Pillar 2: Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness.
- 09:30 – Introduction & Aims of the Day | Viola Hay, KTN & Olaf Kranz, FCDO
- 09:35 – Introduction to Horizon Europe | Viola Hay, KTN
- 09:45 – Overview of Energy work programme (Destination 3 – 2021/2022 calls)
Chris Young, UK NCP, Innovate UK
- 10:05 – Case study
- 10:10 – Break
- 10:20 – How to get ready for Horizon Europe and find the right partners? | Chris Young, UK NCP & Viola Hay, KTN
- 10:50 – Q&A
- 10:55 – Break
- 11:05 – Pitches
- 12:05 – Networking via Meeting Mojo
Innovate UK helps UK companies engage with European funding programmes and help them create collaborations.