Highways England Innovation Showcase for Digital Roads and Air Quality
Watch back this event showcasing 15 projects funded by Highways England via Innovate UK, delivered under the “Connecting the Country” strategy.
You’ll hear from the projects and their sponsors at Highways England; all have completed or are near completion and were successful in an SBRI competition looking at six areas:
- Construction and Maintenance
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Energy and Environment
- Air Quality
If you are interested in any of the six technical areas, are a potential developer, customer or investor or if you are involved with a Local Authority, watch this showcase event.
In addition there were two keynote addresses from Highways England about future vision and strategy, along with the needs that this competition fulfilled.
Webinar recordings are now available
Design, CAV, Mobility, Operations
- 10:00 – Introductions | Karla Jakeman, Innovate UK; Rob Furlong, KTN; Hannah Fortune, Highways England
- 10:15 – Keynote: The Purpose Behind the Competition and the Outcome | John Clough, Head of Designated Funds and Annette Pass, Head of Innovation, Highways England
- 10:30 – Project Updates: Design, CAV, Mobility, Operations
- 11:15 – Panel/Discussion Forum
- 12:00 – Close
Energy and Environment, Air Quality
- 13:00 – Keynote: Where we are going next – Highways England’s Vision – Vinita Hill | Designated Funds Director and Paul Doney, Director of Innovation and Continuous Improvement, Highways England
- 13:15 – Project Updates: Energy and Environment & Air Quality
- 14:30 – Panel/Discussion Forum
- 15:15 – Closing Remarks
- 15:30 – Close