Future Leaders Fellowships: Round 9 Business Competition Support Webinar
Watch our recording to learn about the UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowships (UKRI FLF), a flagship funding opportunity that supports the future leaders of research and innovation.
Recording now available
UKRI FLF has invested over £900 million since 2018 to support the careers of innovators and researchers working in business, third sector organisations, and academia. Round 9 of the Future Leaders Fellowships has £110 million funding available and will open for applications via the Innovation Funding Service on 29 February 2024.
This webinar, organised and delivered by Innovate UK and UKRI, will present case studies from current Future Leaders Fellows working in businesses and Catapults. Join us to hear about how FLF has supported their careers in research and innovation and find out about your opportunity to apply to the FLF in 2024. This online event will provide first-hand advice on the application and interview process from fellows who have successfully applied for funding. You will also hear from members of the assessment panel who can share top tips for the interview process, and the FLF Development Network who will talk about the development support provided to Future Leaders Fellows. Innovate UK and UKRI team members will also be available answer any questions you may have about the upcoming Round 9 competition.
Who is this recording for?
Are you a Future Leader in your sector? This webinar is intended for an audience of researchers and innovators looking to pursue an ambitious programme of innovation, whilst stepping into a leadership role. FLF welcomes applicants from any sector of research and innovation; this webinar is targeted towards applicants from business, Catapults, AgriTech Centres, charities and public sector organisations. Full competition details will be advertised shortly for applicants to FLF Round 9.
- 10:00 – 10:05 Introduction from Innovate UK, welcome and overview
- Dr Stephen Meader, Director of Future Leaders Fellowships Scheme
- Dr Jennifer Postles, Lead Specialist – Innovation Talent, Innovate UK
- Cherish Vines, Programme Coordinator for Fellowship and Talent Programmes, Innovate UK
- 10:05 – 10:25 Fellows case studies
- Dr Alex McLean, Research Fellow, UKRI Future Leaders Fellow, Then Try This
- Dr Alistair Bounds, Senior Research Scientist, UKRI Future Leaders Fellow, Occuity
- Dr Ioanna Mylonaki, Pharmaceutical Scientist, UKRI Future Leaders Fellow, Sixfold Bioscience
- Dr Sundar Marimuthu, Technical Specialist – Laser Machining, UKRI Future Leaders Fellow, Manufacturing Technology Centre
- 10:25 – 10:35 FLF Development Network support
- Dr Sara Shinton, Director, FLF Development Network
- Sharon Morgan-Young, Innovation Manager, FLF Development Network
- 10:35 – 10:45 FLF business panel members advice
- Dr Kate Barclay, Skills Strategy Consultant, UK BioIndustry Association
- Mr Peter Oakley, Independent Consultant
- 10:45 – 11:10 Q&A session
- 11:10 – 11:15 Webinar close
Questions can be directed to: FLFBusinessTeam@ukri.org