Floating Offshore Wind Demonstration Programme - Competition Briefing
Join us for the Floating Offshore Wind Demonstration Programme competition briefing to find more about this funding supporting the development of innovations for the floating offshore wind industry.
Launching soon, the Floating Offshore Wind (FOW) Demonstration Programme is a competitive funding scheme to support the development of technologies and products for the floating offshore wind industry.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
Part of the Net Zero Innovation Portfolio, the FOW Demonstration Programme is a funding scheme to support the development and demonstration of state of the art technologies and products in the FOW industry.
The FOW Demonstration Programme seeks the best ideas across these technology areas.
The grant funding scheme will focus on UK-based initiatives.
The demonstration projects will focus on mid-TRL technologies that are ready to be proved. The programme will target four challenge areas:
- Dynamic cables
- Miscellaneous – areas that meet the programme scope and objectives but are not covered by 1-3. Innovation area driven by industry.
- Pre-application registration opens: 3 March 2021
- Guidance documentation and applications open: To be published
- Applicant information presentation: To be published
This briefing event will be an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competition in more detail
- Learn about the support available from KTN and the Catapults
- Hear pitches from organisations looking for and/or offering skills/services
You can pre-register your interest in this competition here. You will then be informed when the application form and the application guidance are available. BEIS will also use the pre-registration mailing list to provide further updates.
Collaboration Platform: To help potential applicants to find suitable partners for the competition, KTN has launched a networking platform. This tool can be used to discuss project opportunities and facilitate introductions between organisations interested in this competition. It provides powerful networking through online messaging and 1:1 virtual meetings. You will be able to use this to upload your profile, search other users’ profiles and book video chat meetings via the platform.
We recommend you start building your profile now here, ahead of the competition briefing on 14th April.