Farming Innovation Programme: Farming Futures R&D Fund
This event is for UK businesses and research organisations who want to apply to an Expression of Interest competition to work on longer-term projects that will benefit farmers, growers or foresters in England.
Your project should focus on Defra priorities on reducing emissions in existing agricultural practices and adapting to a changing climate. Project ideas should aim to transform farming productivity, environmental sustainability and resilience, whilst moving the sector towards net zero.
Webinar recording is now available
This competition is stage 1 of a 2-stage competition process. Successful applicants at this stage will be invited to apply for funding at stage 2 of the competition.
During this event, you will find out about the new funding competition for collaborative R&D projects: Farming Futures Research and Development (R&D) Fund.
What are the eligibility criteria for the funding?
- Projects addressing Defra priorities around reducing emissions and adapting to a changing climate (Theme 1 of the funding competition)
- Research and development projects
- Collaborative projects between at least one business and one research organisation.
- Projects can be either business-led or academic-led
- Projects with costs between £3 million and £6 million
Get help to find the right partner to collaborate with
For this funding, you will need to apply as a team of at least one UK business and one research organisation. We’re here to help you make connections with the right people and increase your chances of success.
During the event, you will meet organisations and individuals you could collaborate with.
This event is all about setting you up for success with your funding application. You will:
- Find out more about the scope and eligibility criteria directly from the funders
- Learn about the application process
- Meet other businesses to find potential partners
Participants who register to attend this event are expected to be willing to share details of their project ideas at the event with other delegates, to encourage partnering and collaboration.
The funding comes from the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) in partnership with UKRI.
- 10:00 – Briefing Event
- 12:45 – Consortia Building Session