EUREKA - CELTIC-NEXT Spring Call 2023: Next-Generation Communications for the Digital Society
Watch our recorded webinar introducing CELTIC-NEXT, a flexible industry-driven EUREKA Cluster on Next-Generation Communications for the Digital Society.
Recording and slides now available
The UK is supporting the EUREKA CELTIC-NEXT Cluster Spring Call on Next-Generation Communications for the Digital Society.
This webinar will introduce you to CELTIC-NEXT, a flexible industry-driven EUREKA Cluster on Next-Generation Communications for the Digital Society, whose main objective is the promotion of collaborative and international close-to-market R&D&I projects with decentralised national funding.
EUREKA is an intergovernmental network launched in 1985. Its aim is to support market-oriented R&D and innovation projects by industry, research centres and universities across all technological sectors. It is a global network of government ministries and innovation agencies of over 45 countries, who collaborate on research and innovation projects.
With its flexible and decentralised network, EUREKA offers project partners:
- rapid access to skills and expertise across Europe
- national public and private funding schemes
EUREKA Clusters are thematic public private partnerships which convene projects between SMEs, large industry and academia across EUREKA countries. There are currently seven different Clusters in different technological fields. As part of supporting increased international UK business involvement, the UK has already taken part in two EUREKA Cluster Calls. Find more information about EUREKA.
Fostering International Next-Generation Communications R&D
Information on the Spring Call: https://www.celticnext.eu/celtic-next-spring-call-2023/
Agenda at a glance
Here’s an overview of what happened at the event:
11:30 – 11:40
Belen Rebollo, Innovate UK KTN
Introduction: CELTIC-NEXT Spring Call 2023
11:40 – 11:55
Xavier Priem, CELTIC-NEXT
Preparing for this call as an applicant
11:55 – 12:10
Tom Kirkham, Innovate UK
12:10 – 12:25
Innovate UK KTN Travel Grants. Key dates & key messages.
12:25 – 12:30
Belen Rebollo, Innovate UK KTN
Opening – 1 December 2022
Launch event – 9 December 2022 – Click here for details and links to pitch presentation
Proposers Day – 17 March 2023 – Click here to register for a place (pitch presentation proposals must be submitted by 6th March)
Deadline for proposals – 24 May 2023
Labels notification – June 2023
Innovate UK KTN Travel Support Grants
Innovate UK KTN travel support is available through an open call for UK-based SMEs intending to attend the CELTIC-NEXT Proposers Day. This will take place in Feb/March and details will be announced shortly by CELTIC-NEXT Secretariat (latest information).
UK-based SMES interested in attending can benefit from the Innovate UK KTN travel support by applying here (Deadline: Friday, 24th February 2023 – 9:00am GMT).
Characteristics of Innovate UK KTN Travel Support Grants
- Innovate UK KTN Travel Grants supports attendance of UK based R&D performing SMEs to specific targeted events for the purpose of increasing engagement with potential partners.
- To be eligible for support, you need to be a for-profit UK-based R&D performing SME according to the EU definition (see definition here).
- A maximum of £500 can be claimed as a contribution towards travel costs incurred for the purpose of attending the specific event. Only 1 representative per SME.
- register for the event themselves;
- book and pay for their travel (in advance of the event) and
- submit their travel claim to the KTN contact advised.Applicants awarded travel support must:
Please remember that applying for Innovate UK KTN travel support does not guarantee you a place at the CELTIC-NEXT PO Proposers Day. You need to register separately.