Designed for Ageing – Pre-Competition Workshop
This workshop will introduce a new competition from the UKRI Healthy Ageing Challenge for UK companies to develop innovations that help people as they age.
The UKRI Healthy Ageing Challenge is pleased to announce plans for a new opportunity for UK companies looking to develop innovations to help people as they age. Find out more by signing up to this online workshop which will showcase the Designed for Ageing competition launching in September 2021.
The workshop will introduce the competition and its design stage gate mechanism. It will also provide an opportunity to learn from experts on how deploying good people-centred design principles in your application leads to greater commercial success.
Places are limited for this webinar – please register so you don’t miss out.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
- 10:00 – Welcome & Introduction to the Healthy Ageing Challenge and The Designed for Ageing Competition
George MacGinnis (Healthy Ageing Challenge Director)
Cynthia Bullock (Deputy Challenge Director)
- 10:10 – The Role of Design at UKRI
Ben Griffin (Design Lead, UKRI)
- 10:20 – The Designed for Ageing Competition
Julia Glenn (Design Innovation Lead, Healthy Ageing Challenge)
- 10:40 – People Centred Design, Actively Involving Citizens
Alex Mitchell Strategic Partnerships & Engagement Manager, VOICE + UK National Innovation Centre for Ageing (NICA)
- 11:20 – BREAK
- 11:30 – Designing for Your Market
Jonathan Mathers (Founder, Design Age Accelerator Healthy Ageing by Design, Chair, British Design Fund)
Julian Grice (Founder, Design Age Accelerator, Healthy Ageing by Design)
- 11:50 – Healthy Ageing, Innovating for Success
Colum Lowe (Director, Design Age Institute)
- 12:10 – Introduction to KTN
David Calder (Knowledge Transfer Manager Life Sciences (Health and Care)
- 12:20 – Question & Answer Session