Demonstrating Zero Emission HGVs: battery and hydrogen fuel cell trucks outputs from the Zero Emission Road Freight programme
Join us on 29 June to understand the learnings from the battery and hydrogen fuel cell projects discovered in the Zero Emission Road Freight competition.
In 2021, the Department for Transport, in partnership with Innovate UK, invested £20 million into projects exploring Zero Emission Road Freight.
Webinar recording is now available
This included projects that were:
- Addressing the challenge of supporting uptake of battery electric rigid trucks by conducting deployments with public sector end users and capturing learning to develop an innovative interactive solution
- Planning for multi-year demonstrations of hydrogen fuel cell trucks, considering the vehicles that could be demonstrated, the required infrastructure and the operators who will be key to the demonstrations
- Looking at supply chain technologies critical for zero emission HGVs
As attention turns to the recently announced £200 million Zero Emission Road Freight (ZERFT) demonstration programme, and momentum builds around the phase-out of the sale of new non-zero emission HGVs by 2035/2040, we will look at the learning from the work which has recently concluded. Experts will share outputs from their projects, the key challenges for industry, and the necessary collaboration across the sector moving forward to achieve these goals.
Join this event to understand the learnings our battery and hydrogen fuel cell projects discovered on the Zero Emission Road Freight competition.
- 10.00 – 10.10 – Welcome and Introductions
- 10.10 – 10.15 – DfT (Margarita Vigrande-Ashe)
- 10.15 – 10.45 – Batteries Session; Battery Electric Truck Trial [BETT] Project – Leyland
Magtec Led Interactive Tool for Intelligent Assessment for Electric Commercial Vehicle Fleet Transition – Magtec
- 10.45 – 11.00 – Q&A
- 11.00 – 11.10 – Break
- 11.10 – 11.55 – Hydrogen Session; UK Aggregated Hydrogen Freight Consortium – Element Energy H2GVMids – EDF Energy R&D Scottish Hydrogen Freight Trial (SHyFT) – Ballard Motive Solutions Ltd
- 11.55 – 12.10 – Q&A
- 12.10 – 12.15 – Close