Decarbonising Ports & Harbours Innovation Network launch
KTN is excited to launch the Decarbonising Ports & Harbours Innovation Network at Maritime UK Week 2020.
KTN along with Maritime UK are delighted to offer you the opportunity to hear from our expert panel on the challenges and opportunities for decarbonising our critical maritime infrastructure.
Webinar recording is now available
Ports and harbours have a critical part to play in Maritime transport’s transition to net zero by 2050. This Innovation Network is part of KTN’s flagship programme and has been established to convene a community of representatives from the government, armed services, industry, academia and finance to co-create a sector-led, compelling proposal for a government and industry partnership. What follows from the proposal will be a stimulus package for the sector to galvanise research, development and innovation, driving change and accelerating the journey to cleaner air and Net Zero emissions.
The session will conclude with a brief outline of the activity plan for this group and explains how you can get involved to contribute to the understanding; to put your organisation on the landscape map; and shape the solutions road mapping and investment planning.
Join us online on Tuesday 13 October to mark the formal launch of this Innovation Network.
- Liz English | Group Development Manager, ABP Limited
- Commodore Jeremy Bailey | HMNB Portsmouth
- Matt Alban | Systems Technologist, BAE Systems
- Carolina Escudero Concha | BA Distribution/Business Development Manager, Vattenfall Solutions Ltd
- Richard Westgarth | MarRi-UK
- Paolo Favino | DfT
- 14:00 – 14:05: Welcome address, housekeeping & introductions | Ben Murray, Director, Maritime UK
- 14:05 – 14:35: Presentations, opening statements and panel discussion
- 14:35 – 14:50: Audience Q&A | Chaired by Mark Wray, KTN
- 14:50 – 14:55: Scope, limitations and activities of the Decarbonising Ports & Harbours Innovation Network | Mark Wray, KTN
- 14:55 – 15:00: Wrap up & close | Ben Murray, Director, Maritime UK
About Maritime UK Week
Maritime UK Week has been organised as an opportunity to shine a spotlight on the UK’s maritime sector, its role and future. Maritime UK Week 2020 will feature a combination of virtual and physical events, taking place across the breadth of the sector and the length of the country, from Monday 12 October to Sunday 18 October.
About the Decarbonising Ports & Harbour Innovation Network
This Innovation Network’s overarching objective is to raise the profile of the critical part ports and harbours need to play in Maritime transport’s transition to net zero by 2050 and accelerate this transition by giving clear direction. The desired end-result of the Innovation Network’s work is a sector-led, compelling proposal for a government and industry partnership and stimulus package.