DCMS Create Growth Fund: Competition 2 Briefing
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is to fund up to £6 million in innovation projects to support growth within the creative industries.
Recording now available
UK registered creative SMEs within appointed regions, can apply for grant funding alongside private investment from selected investor partners to support growth.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is to fund up to £6 million in innovation projects. This funding is from the Department for Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) Create Growth Programme.
This is the second funding competition for this Government programme.
About the event
The DCMS Create Growth Investor Partnership programme brings together:
- Innovate UK’s expertise in identifying innovation and using grant funding to change the risk profile of businesses in the creative industries.
- Investor partners’ aligned funding and expertise in identifying opportunities and teams that can best use extra investment finance.
Your project must:
- have a total project costs between £100,000 and £750,000
- start by 1 June 2024
- end by 28 February 2025
- last between 6 and 8 months
- carry out all of its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- have an investor named on your application
This competition is specifically for businesses registered or operational in the successfully appointed Create Growth Programme Regions.
The creative industries are defined by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS). Your project must focus on one or more of the following sub-sectors:
- advertising and marketing
- design and designer fashion
- IT, gaming, software and computer services
- museums, galleries and libraries
- music, performing and visual art
Creative industry businesses refer to those with a high intensity of creative occupations. You can refer to the DCMS Economic Estimates for a list of the sub-sectors and their associated SIC codes, that DCMS classifies under the creative industries.
DCMS Create Growth Programme competition 2: investor partnership
Opens: 26/10/2023 Closes: 10/01/2024
UK registered creative SMEs in 12 specific English regions can apply for grant funding alongside private investment from selected investor partners to support growth.