DCMS 5G Create Competition Countdown Event
Mid-point update session for the 5G Create Competition covering the scope, use case and eligibility around the competition.
DCMS, working with UK5G, is running an online event on 16th June which will be a mid-point update session for the 5G Create Competition.
Participants will be updated on the 5G Create programme by the DCMS team after the first deadline passed in early June. Details of the new UK5G supplier directory will be presented.
Webinar recording is now available
About the 5G Create competition programme
5G Create is an open competition with the Government hoping to attract bids from a variety of industries where the UK has a competitive advantage, encouraging dynamic business models and opening up new opportunities and markets. This includes our creative industries but also our rich variety of technology businesses in sectors such as energy, water, health and social care and logistics.
Up to £30m will be available in this open competition, aiming to explore and develop new use-cases and sustainable business models for 5G applications and services.
The 5G Testbeds and Trials Programme is the Government’s nationally coordinated programme of investment in 5G. The Programme looks to harness areas where the UK has a competitive advantage – such as in scientific research, engineering talent and our rich variety of technology businesses.
The Programme is working to deliver the following objectives:
- Accelerate the deployment of 5G networks and ensure the UK can take early advantage of the applications those networks can enable.
- Maximise the productivity and efficiency benefits to the UK from 5G.
- Create new opportunities for UK businesses at home and abroad and encourage inward investment.
The event is open to organisations and businesses who may be interested in taking part in projects, including:
- Organisations involved in the development, trialling and usage of applications, products and services
- Network providers
- Mobile Network Operators
- Technology vendors
- Local authorities and other public service delivery bodies