Connecting for Climate Change - Unleashing innovation post COP26: Enabling Action
Welcome to Connecting for Climate Change
Innovate UK KTN will be hosting a series of webinars in the wake of COP26, that will explore how we can work together to convert the agreements from the summit into reality.
Solutions to climate change – are they locked in research institutes?
On the 8th December, Innovate UK KTN will host the final webinar in the series. Enabling Action will explore how to progress ideas and opportunities into real innovation.
Webcast recording is now available
Our panelists will share information on the systems currently in place that nurture innovations from idea to market, and highlight where we could improve as a collective of research institutions, businesses and policy makers.
Join us to discuss how we can enable the right solutions to thrive – quickly.
About the Series
What happens after COP26? When the pledges have been made, the leaders have left and the headlines have waned? Then it’s up to all of us to turn talk into accelerated action.
Connecting for Climate Change is a series of four webinars designed to capitalise on the momentum of COP26, kick-starting the right conversations and collaborations following the much awaited climate change conference.
The sessions will bring together Innovate UK KTN’s network of researchers, innovators and experts who will drive us towards Net Zero. Join us to hear our panellists discuss the challenges we face, debate how we can best work together, and discover how these developments will benefit your organisation.
The series will be hosted by award-winning journalist and broadcaster Paul English, presenter for STV’s Scottish Passport and writer for National Geographic, The Times and Sunday Times.
Why should you attend?
Connecting for Climate Change is for businesses, researchers, innovators and investors. Join us to:
- Hear about the latest intelligence surrounding climate change from industry experts
- Identify key opportunities for investment within these sectors
- Connect and collaborate with like-minded delegates via Innovate UK KTN
- Explore further information on funding opportunities
- Exchange knowledge with innovators, researchers and potential partners
- Find out how the actions of your business or department can impact the planet and the impact these actions can have on your profitability
- Understand what must be done on a local, national and international level to create change
- Alicia Greated, CEO | Innovate UK KTN
- Susannah McClintock, Investment Director | Sustainable Ventures
- Phill White, CEO | Cloud Cycle
- Kit Brennan, Director | Thrust Carbon
- Anthony Finbow | Eagle Gernomics
- 17th November – Decarbonisation
- 24th November – Circular Economy
- 1st December – Resilient Places
- 8th December – Enabling Action