Clean Maritime Demonstration Competition (CMDC) 2 Showcase
As part of London International Shipping Week, join us in London to learn about the latest advances in decarbonising the maritime industry.
Recording now available
This exhibition aims to showcase the final results from Round Two of the UK SHORE funded Clean Maritime Demonstration Competition (CMDC) and is a great opportunity to find the solutions and/or new connections to develop your own clean maritime solutions.
The full list of successful CMDC 2 projects can be found here.
About the CMDC
CMDC, part of UK SHORE supported the design and development of zero emission shipping technologies and greener ports through a series of technology trials and feasibility studies to accelerate maritime decarbonisation.
About the event
To celebrate the achievements of the CMDC, DfT, Innovate UK and Innovate UK KTN hosted a final showcase event on the 14th September as part of LISW.
This event included an exhibition showcasing the results of the feasibility studies. Featuring all 121 organisations directly involved in the 31 CMDC 2 projects, the event brought together key industry players from across business, government, professional institutions, research organisations and academia.
The recording is a must-watch if you want to hear and see the results of these innovative R&D projects in clean maritime technologies.
The showcase event is part of the DfT’s Clean Maritime Day. Full agenda below.
- Osprey Research Ltd
- ECOMAR PROPULSION LIMITED
- Port of Tyne
- GT Green Technologies
- University of Nottingham (Powertrain Research Centre)
- SEA-KIT International
- MAHLE Powertrain Ltd
- Carnot Ltd
- Sunborne Systems Ltd
- Optima Projects Ltd / Optima Electric Yachts
- Malin Group
- Port of Aberdeen
- Independent Control Systems Limited
- Ocean Infinity
- Bramble Energy
- O.S. Energy (UK)
- Dolphin N2 Ltd
- MJR Controls Ltd
- Auriga Energy Limited
- H2GO Power
- Artemis Technologies
- ACUA Ocean
- Aqua superPower
- Port of Dover
0900 – 0930: Arrival
0930 – 1000: Welcome – DfT Keynote Speech
1000 – 1100: Clean Maritime Plan panel Chaired by Eamonn Beirne, Deputy Director for UK SHORE, DfT, with confirmed panel members including:
- Katherine Palmer, Shipping Lead, UN Climate Champions
- Rear Admiral Paul Carroll, Director for Innovation and Future Capability, Defence Equipment & Support, MoD
- Francesco Sandrelli, Director of Environment, UK Chamber of Shipping
1100 – 1130: Coffee break 1130 – 1300: UK SHORE update
- Green Corridors panel discussion
- Clean Maritime Research Hub overview
- Update on UK SHORE funded R&D projects, including opening of the CMDC2 showcase
- Jo Shanmugalingam, Second Permanent Secretary, DfT
- Professor Sarah Sharples, Chief Scientific Adviser, DfT
- Mike Biddle, Executive Director, Net Zero, Innovate UK
- Alexandra Beaumont, Head of UK SHORE, DfT
- Jane Sykes, Head of Energy and Decarbonisation, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
1300 – 1400: Lunch and ‘Ask the Expert’ session A chance to ask questions one-on-one to clean maritime and innovation experts, including representatives from:
Experts include representatives from:
- Department for Business and Trade
- Innovate UK
- Innovate UK KTN
- Connected Places Catapult
- Maritime Coastguard Agency
- National Shipbuilding Office
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Global Maritime Forum
1300 – 16:00: CMDC2 Showcase Event
1400 – 1500: Operation Zero Event A chance to hear about the work going on to deliver a COP 26 industry and government coalition commitment to deploy zero emission operations and maintenance vessels in the North Sea area by 2025. This session will outline the work so far, including publishing a challenges paper, and what the next steps are.