Circular Economy Innovation Network – Taking action towards circularity in aluminium
Recording and slides now available
Through the Circular Economy Innovation Network, Innovate UK KTN has brought people together to identify key challenges and opportunities in the wider adoption of circular economy practices in aluminium. The recently published innovation action plan offers a pathway to accelerate circularity and stakeholder groups to lead on specific actions.
In this webinar, we will outline the key messages and actions from the action plan with the aim to facilitate collaborations and build momentum on these action areas. We have invited expert speakers who will highlight examples of work in the core principles of Circular Design, Circular Recovery and Circular Business Models. We will provide an overview of the Innovate UK programmes that are funding, and otherwise supporting, the aluminium sector and circular economy.
After the webinar, you will have the chance to meet the speakers and other participants to join the discussion on the core action areas.
At this event you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the pathway to accelerate circular economy in aluminium as outlined by the innovation action plan
- Gain insights into work underway in industry and academia towards wider adoption of circular economy practices
- Meet and discuss the key themes to develop new ideas
- 10:00AM – Introduction and overview of innovation action plan for aluminium in a circular economy
- 10:15AM – Circular Design – Life Cycle Assessments
- 10:30AM – Circular Recovery – How data can enhance material recovery
- 10:45AM – Circular Business Models – Metal Health Service
- 11:00AM – Next steps – Funding, Initiatives, Collaborations
- 11:15AM – Break out rooms – Meet the speakers and discuss themes
- 11:45AM – Meeting close