Building UK-Africa Collaboration for Soil Health and Crop Nutrition
Recording and slides now available
Download the slides:
1 – Innovate UK KTN
2 – GCRF AgriFood Africa Innovation Awards Round 6
3 – Tilahun Amede, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa
4 – Romney Jackson, Sylgen Animal Health
5 – Sylvia Nyawira, Alliance for Biodiversity International, CIAT
6 – Laura Bishop, Plant Impact
7 – George Nyamadzawo, Bindura University
8 – John Haywood, Unium Biosciences
9 – Laura Atuah, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Soil health and crop nutrition are fundamental to securing food security and the livelihoods of farmers in Africa, with the growing threat of climate change meaning this issue has never been more urgent.
Collaboration between UK and Africa-based researchers and companies provides opportunities to innovate and work with African farmers and producers to address the challenges of soil health and crop nutrition.
Join us to hear from UK and African experts and learn about the challenges and opportunities for building sustainable soil health and crop nutrition. We are bringing together innovative organisations and researchers from areas including:
- Soil Carbon
- Water Retention
- Soil Amendments
- Alternative Fertilisers
This event will also offer an opportunity to network with others interested in developing research projects and applying for funding from Round 6 of the GCRF AgriFood Africa Connect Innovation Awards which was launched recently.
Successful UK-registered applicants will receive a grant of up to £30,000 for a 5-month project to be completed by 30th January 2024. More information can be found here. Apply by 4th August 2023.
Who is this recording for?
- Individuals, academics or organisations interested in learning more about soil health and crop nutrition
- Technology providers and innovators with solutions for improving soil health and crop nutrition
- Organisations with existing challenges in soil health and crop nutrition looking for solutions
- Anyone seeking partners to apply for funding
- Hear about challenges and opportunities around managing soil health and crop nutrition
- Learn about the most exciting innovations taking place in this area
- Learn more about the Innovation Awards Round 6 funding opportunity
- Meet potential partners for your project idea
- Find out how Innovate UK KTN can help you find the right partners.