An interactive guide to Management KTPs
Join us for a comprehensive guide to Management Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (MKTPs) to get all the information you need to apply.
What are Management KTPs?
A MKTP is a dynamic, three way collaboration linking a business with expert academics to solve a strategic management challenge.
Taking a wide view MKTPs support projects across all core business activities, from marketing to IT, design to strategic management; HR to employment relations; finance to logistics, sales to supply chain.
MKTPs are transformative. They’re not about quick fixes; they’re all about holistic change to adapt to new challenges and develop deeper resilience. MTKPs last from 12 months to three years.
MTKPs are built on the highly successful KTP model – the UK’s longest running knowledge exchange programme – which has a 45 year legacy of success driving innovation, through academic collaboration, in over 14,000 UK businesses.
Webinar recording is now available
Find the slides here.
How could a Management KTP help your business?
Post Covid, businesses are re-thinking the way they operate. MKTPs are here to help, linking businesses with specialist academic teams to apply the deepest thinking to the newest challenges.
MKTPs are all about expanding management expertise, introducing more effective business processes and adopting better, smarter ways of working to increase productivity and sustainability.
This webinar tells you all you need to know about how MKTPs work, how they could help your business, and how to apply for one.
Management KTPs are funded by the UK government department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) through Innovate UK.
Funding of up to 67% of the cost of the MKTP is available to businesses. Funding competitions are open throughout the year. Find out more here.
What the Webinar will cover
The webinar is your chance to discover:
- More about how KTPs work
- What the specific opportunity is for businesses that may wish to participate in a Management KTP
- The application process
- The management areas covered by the mKTP
- The types of companies most likely to benefit from participating in a mKTP
As well as hearing from the KTN’s highly experienced Knowledge Transfer Advisers who support every KTP project, you’ll hear from businesses involved in a MKTP project.
- Fiona Nightingale | Senior Knowledge Transfer Adviser, KTN
- Richard Lamb | KTP Programme Manager, Innovate UK
- Mark Lynch | Knowledge Transfer Adviser, KTN
- Jody Chatterjee | Knowledge Transfer Adviser, KTN
- Andy Mead | Managing Director, Finishing Line
- Prof. David Bamford | Chair in Operations Management, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Matt Fletcher | Commercial Director, Global Doors
- Alasdair Meldrum | Managing Director, Albion Environmental
- 10:00 – Welcome by the host | Fiona Nightingale, Senior Knowledge Transfer Adviser, KTN
- 10:05 – Introduction to mKTP | Richard Lamb, KTP Programme Manager, Innovate UK
- 10:10 – About mKTP | Mark Lynch, Knowledge Transfer Advisers, KTN
- 10.20 – Case Studies x 4
Matt Fletcher | Commercial Director, Global Doors
Alasdair Meldrum | Managing Director, Albion Environmental
Prof. David Bamford | Chair in Operations Management, Manchester Metropolitan University
Prof Judy Zolkiewski | Professor of Marketing at Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester
Andy Mead | Managing Director, Finishing Line
- 11:00 – Q&A session
- 11.30 – Close
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
For over 45 years Knowledge Transfer Partnerships have been helping businesses innovate for growth by accessing the UK’s world-leading knowledge base.