AI for Services: Academic Research Virtual Exchange
In partnership with University of Oxford, Loughborough University and Oxford Brookes University, our AI for Services team is hosting a virtual exchange webinar to disseminate the latest academic research on how service industries can make use of AI in accountancy, insurance and law.
This event is particularly relevant for professionals working in the accountancy, insurance and legal sectors, Artificial Intelligence & Data entrepreneurs, data scientists and engineers looking to follow an evidence-based approach to make better business decisions.
This interactive session will offer businesses the opportunity to learn about the Next Generation Services Challenge funded research project outcomes and discuss ways to apply research findings in their business strategy and activities. The academic research will be presented in short digestible summaries streamlined into three areas:
- Data, Ethics, and Explainability
- Entrepreneurship Ecosystems
- Operationalising AI-Enabled Business Models
Webinar recording is now available
A series of interactive workshop sessions will follow the presentations to allow delegates to discuss in more depth the research findings and share ideas around the key themes identified. The event will be held online using a digital workspace designed to guide delegates through a series of short workshop exercises that encourages virtual collaboration in small groups. The session will offer delegates the opportunity to:
- learn about the Next Generation Services research projects outcomes
- identify best routes and practice for data access, ethics and explainability
- get an understanding of the different innovation ecosystems, including the various startup incubator offers and benefits
- discover the different types of AI enabled business model; the drivers and inhibitors for adoption and the methods used for business integration and implementation
- exchange and discuss ideas with leading academics and innovators
- build new collaboration opportunities
Please note that spaces for this event are limited. A confirmation will be sent to delegates to confirm their place upon registration.
10:00 – Welcome: Astrid Ayel, AI for Services Lead, KTN
10:05 – Research Perspectives (3x15min)
- Data, Ethics and Explainability – Alistair Milne, Professor of Financial Economics, Loughborough University
- Entrepreneurship ecosystems – Tim Vorley, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Dean, Oxford Brookes Business School
- Operationalising AI-Enabled Business Models: John Armour, Professor of Law and Finance, University of Oxford
10:50 – Workshop
11:45 – Group Feedback & Wrap Up
The Next Generation Services Challenge programme funded 3 multi-disciplinary research projects:
Technology driven change and next generation insurance value chains: Loughborough University are working with businesses to explore how AI can transform insurance services.
Unlocking the potential of AI for law: departments across the University of Oxford are investigating ways in which the use of AI in law could unlock its potential for ‘good’ and how to enable these.
Innovating next generation services through collaborative design: Oxford Brookes University is working with law and accountancy firms to consider future uncertainties about the use of AI in service industries and develop methods to improve adoption.
AI for Services is a UK wide network bringing together AI & Data high growth entrepreneurs with leading professionals and academics working in the accountancy, insurance and legal services sectors. For more information and to sign up, please click here.