African Aquaculture: Challenges and opportunities
Join us to discuss opportunities for collaboration between the UK and Africa to support developments in the growing aquaculture sector, and meet with others who could help you fast-track your innovation.
Aquaculture is becoming increasingly important in Africa, both to provide sustainable and nutritious food to growing populations and to improve livelihoods. Increase in demand creates both challenges and opportunities like improving sustainability and achieving net zero targets.
Webinar recording is now available
We will hear from aquaculture producers about the challenges they face and dive deeper into the challenges faced by the sector as a whole.
Who is this event for?
- Producers and processors in Africa
- UK SMEs and businesses interested in exploring the African market and making connections to do so
- Researchers working in aquaculture in the UK and/or Africa
- Investors and policy makers involved in aquaculture in the UK and/or Africa
- To connect with others working in aquaculture in the UK and Africa
- To learn more about the current status of aquaculture in Africa
- To find out about the opportunities available for collaboration
Global Alliance Africa
We are delivering a 6-year (2019-2025) UK International Development funded Global Alliance Africa project which aims to build new and stronger UK-African partnerships to maximise the creation of inclusive market access, funding and investment opportunities through innovation knowledge transfer between the UK, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa.