Accessing Investment: a webinar for innovators in health and healthy ageing
Recording and slides now available
Join Innovate UK KTN’s Healthy Ageing Community of Practice on 17 October for a webinar which showcases some options for accessing investment.
This free 90 minute webinar is for Health and Healthy Ageing Innovators who want to find out more about raising capital, and getting involved with investors and investment communities.
Harriet Hole, Investor Communities Lead at Innovate UK KTN and Dan Robinson, Senior Investment Manager at Beauhurst will give an overview of the current UK investment landscape for the health and healthy ageing sectors, and we also welcome guest speakers:
- Mel Ellyard, Innovation District, Super Connector & Founder of Include Me & D-List will outline ways in which underrepresented start-ups, SMEs, and diverse communities can access investor communities and investment opportunities. Mel will speak about the D-List platform, how to access it and how it can help elevate diverse founder profiles improving access and funding opportunities.
- Benjamin Story, Head of Investor Connectivity, Platforms & Proposition covering Barclays Eagle Labs, will speak about ‘Demo Directory’ a platform for founders and investors to connect. Raising capitol is hard, and Barclays have created the Demo Directory to make this more efficient for founders and investors. Benjamin will speak about the platform, how to access it and how it can make raising capital easier.
We will follow these presentations with an opportunity for the audience to ask questions.
We look forward to seeing you and welcome your questions to the panel of presenters.
- 10:00 – Welcome and Healthy Ageing intro – Karen Wilkinson, Healthy Ageing CoP Manager, Innovate UK KTN
- 10:05 – UK Health Investment landscape, a guide for innovators – Harriet Hole, Investor Communities Lead, Innovate UK KTN and Dan Robinson, Senior Research Manager, Beauhurst.
- 10:20 – Accessing investor communities and investment opportunities – Mel Ellyard, Innovation District, Super Connector & Founder of Include Me & D-List
- 10.40 – Eagle Labs: a demonstration of Barclays ‘Demo Directory’ Investor platform (for innovators and investors) – Ben Storey, Head of Investor Connectivity, Platforms & Proposition covering Barclays Eagle Labs
- 11:00 – Q&A session – Panel of presenters, hosted by Karen Wilkinson
- 11:30 – End
Healthy Ageing Challenge Community of Practice
The Healthy Ageing Challenge Community of Practice is a collaborative learning community for businesses, social ventures, researchers, investors and policymakers to connect and share knowledge and insights in relation to healthy ageing.