Accelerating Net Zero Series: Energy & Resource Efficiency for Chemistry and Medicines Manufacturing
The Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology Team at KTN is excited to extend its series focusing on accelerating Net Zero in Chemical Manufacturing to explore further opportunities in energy and resource efficiency.
This builds on the previous work that explored how alternative feedstock will be utilised for net zero chemical manufacturing – you can listen to the previous sessions here.
Webinar recordings are now available
As we explore the topic of energy & resource efficiency in greater depth, we will provide examples of projects relevant to chemicals and industrial biotechnology. For the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) session we are also collaborating with KTN’s Health Team to consider the energy challenges across chemicals and the medicines manufacturing communities. The Transforming Foundation industries (TFI) session will focus on the energy and resource efficiencies opportunities for the chemical and industrial biotechnology sectors.*
Join the webinar to:
- hear about two key funding streams important for achieving net zero through energy and resource efficiency (the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund and the ISCF Transforming the Foundation Industries Challenge) and how to access them*
- hear from case studies of previously successful projects
- network with the community
Who should attend?
- companies manufacturing within the chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals or industrial biotechnology sectors
- companies with solutions for the chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals or industrial biotechnology sectors
- companies or academics with project ideas for IETF or TFI
Morning Session: IETF
- 10.00 – Exploring IETF for chemicals and medicines manufacturing
- 10.00 – Welcome and Introduction – Sheena Hindocha
- 10.15 – Medicines manufacturing community and drive to Net Zero – Karen Wilkinson
- 10.30 – Industrial Energy Transformation Fund – Jenni McDonnell
- 10.45 – Case Study 1 – Phillips-66
- 11.00 – Case Study 2 – Tate & Lyle
- 11.15 – Q&A
- 11.30 – 1-2-1 meetings through meeting mojo
- 11.45 – Informal networking utilising a drop in zoom room
- 11.45 – Ask the Expert – IETF with Jenni McDonnell
Afternoon Session: TFI
- 13.30 – Welcome
- 13.35 – TFI – Hugh Falkner
- 13.50 – TFI Network – Ajay Kapadia
- 14.00 – TFI Network+ – Susan Bernal (University of Leeds)
- 14.10 – Accelerating Chemical Manufacturing with TFI – Michael Burnett
- 14.20 – Case Study 1 – Levwave, Silvia Tedesco (MMU)
- 14.30 – Case Study 2 – Q-Flo, Martin Pick
- 14.40 – Q&A
- 15.15 – Informal networking and 1-2-1 meetings through meeting mojo
*Industrial Energy Transformation Fund: Organisations can apply for a share of up to £40 million to carry out feasibility and engineering studies into energy efficiency and decarbonisation technologies for industrial processes. Find out how this fund can be applied to chemicals and medicines manufacturing.
ISCF Transforming the Foundation Industries Challenge: The foundation industries are worth approximately £45bn to the UK economy and employ 500,000 people. However, these sectors are the largest polluters generating 10% of all UK CO2 emissions. The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) for Transforming the Foundation Industries (TFI) aims to enable these industries to improve productivity and/or resource and energy efficiencies while maintaining a competitive edge. To find out how TFI is relevant to chemicals manufacturing also see our KTN article ‘What does the ISCF Transforming the Foundation Industries (TFI) Challenge mean for the Chemicals Sector?’ here. Although TFI excludes medicines manufacturing we would welcome anyone wanting to join the session to learn more about energy and resource efficiency opportunities within the chemical sector and how it may impact organisations within the supply chain.